#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 09:08 AM

I had bought this Kubota  triple bagger a couple yrs ago and mounted it onto my Massey GC 2300. The frame on the Massey is a bit wider ,and the PTO is in a different spot then on the Massey then the Kubota. I had to mount the sub frame brackets on the Massey but had to lower them down a bit to beable to clear and not interfere with the 3 pth lift arms. The other reason was that the pto on the massey is lower down then what the Kubotas is. Once I had the sub frame brackets installed I still had to lower the pto shaft brg and mount on the bagger,I was only able to lower the brg assembly 5/8" and still have room to beable to change the belt and have clearance for the pulley in behind the belt guard. Seeing that the Massey is wider by 7/8" I had to weld in spacers on the lower sub frame brackets to keep the catcher from moving from side to side. The upper mount arms had to be moved about 1/2" wider so I was able to just change the postion by mounting the arms on the out side of the frame instead of where they were on the inside.So that worked out good.The upper arms where they mounted a bit lower down all I had to do was to reposition them a bit wider and drill new holes to mount them to the belt guard.The bagger then mounts up like its supposed to. The other thing I did was to make some mounts to hold the discharge chute onto the mower deck.Seeing that the mower decks have a different profile I used some baler belting to fill in the spots on the discharge chute to seal it up to fit the Massey's mower deck.Let me tell you this thing picks up leaves and wet grass like nothing.One of the best investements I've made,just took some time etc: to get it to mount up and be useable.

Attached Thumbnails

• grass catcher 001 (Small).jpg
  • grass catcher 008 (Small).jpg
  • grass catcher 013 (Small).jpg
  • grass catcher 010 (Small).jpg
  • grass catcher 011 (Small).jpg
  • grass catcher 004 (Small).jpg
  • grass catcher 005 (Small).jpg
  • grass catcher 006 (Small).jpg
  • grass catcher 007 (Small).jpg
  • grass catcher 002 (Small).jpg

• coldone, Alc and superaben have said thanks

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 11:41 AM

Looks good Larry!  Where you been anyway?  Not posted much for a long while.

• massey driver said thank you

#3 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 06:35 PM

Looks good Larry!  Where you been anyway?  Not posted much for a long while.

Thanks for asking Dan.  I kinda got involved in a different hobby and strayed away from tractor stuff. The fling with the other hobby has run its course and now I've gotten back into my tractor hobby again. Hope to be posting and doing more projects etc: again. Its funny how the tractor hobby always comes back to being my main passion. Guess once tractors are in one's blood its there forever.

• olcowhand said thank you

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted September 27, 2014 - 05:41 AM

Glad to see you back. That's quite the installation, good to see it's working for you.

• massey driver said thank you