#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 10:13 PM

Well....... I Kinda hate to say this but, for the first time EVER!!!!!, I am now part of Facebook :( :wallbanging:.

I have been avoiding this since Facebook came around, although I only joined because of my antique tractor business and I doubt I am going to use this for anything else.

Anyway, if anyone else is on Facebook, check out https://www.facebook...les?ref=profile and spread the "news" :thumbs:.

Thanks

Edited by BTS, September 23, 2014 - 10:14 PM.

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster, Dieselcubmike and 1 other said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 10:29 PM

I hate all social media other than forums. I only have an account everywhere because uh... People seem to think I need them.... And I have yet to understand this phenomenon. Social media sites like Facebook suck you in on people's lives, and I really don't need to know what they had for a snack at 2 am while sitting on the toilet making room....
  • Bill56, Gtractor, grnspot110 and 8 others have said thanks

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 10:46 PM

I got on Facebook because I had a brother living in Colorado(moved to EAU Claire, Wi in August. Another living in Las Vegas.
And a brother and sister who winter in Arizona. It is a way to keep up with what is going on with them.
Honestly about 90 % of what is posted is nonsence, so I only check it once or so per week.
  • Bill56, Alc and BTS have said thanks

#4 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 10:46 PM

That's why I always hated Facebook, who am I going to talk to? the family that I don't speak to? or the friends I don't have?

Everyone uses it for gossip and I don't really care who did what, when, where or how.

But I'm hoping this is going to help me be "more connected" with potinal buyers, if it doesn't work I'm going to can it.

Edited by BTS, September 23, 2014 - 10:48 PM.

• KC9KAS and panzersarebest have said thanks

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 10:52 PM

My biggest problem with Facebook is you have to delete your true friends or find yourself cleaning your wall up regular because they post all the stupid crazy stuff to your wall to see if you notice, like a true friend lol. I think I have 100 Facebookfriends and only talk to two or three of them.... On the phone lol.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, September 23, 2014 - 10:53 PM.

• Alc, superaben and BTS have said thanks

#6 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,612 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 05:21 AM

or the friends I don't have?

If Facebook doesn't work out for you remember  we're all " friends " here on GTTalk !

• grnspot110, BTS, HANKG and 1 other said thanks

#7 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,704 Thanks
  • 8,894 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 06:02 AM

My condolences on your giving in to social peer pressure.
  • grnspot110, KennyP, HDWildBill and 3 others have said thanks

#8 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,460 Thanks
  • 3,364 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 06:13 AM

I have a Facebook account, nothing to do with peer pressure, and it certainly isn't higher ground saying you don't have social interaction, which is all these sites are. A way to interact with those you can't or don't see regularly. Because a lot of people post a lot of drama and nonsense doesn't mean it's a bad media, it means a lot of people have problems in their lives that for some reason they feel the need to share with strangers. Two of my grandsons are 200 miles away, it's a convenient way to keep up without trying to figure out when it's convenient to call, etc... I have reconnected with a lot of my cousins, etc... in Alabama that I haven't seen in 40+ years, it's prompted some of us to visit each other. Overall it's great, I just ignore the silly stuff and block those that get on my nerves. It's a useful tool, just like a wrench, if i need a wrench I put in the drawer until I do.

• Alc, tinbender7, BTS and 1 other said thanks

#9 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,239 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 07:19 AM

I refuse to use facebook.  Everyone in my family has it.

My mother in law and her sister argue all the time over it.

My mom argues with her family on it.  After my great aunt died it was like a war zone.

I guess it all depends on how you use it.  But all I see on it are people who are too chicken to say what they think to someone's face hiding behind the internet. 

If I need to talk to someone I will call them.

• grnspot110, Alc, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#10 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 07:43 AM

I have an account...have had one since very, very early on, but cannot bring myself to use it much.  Occasionally folks in the GT world will tell me "Weren't you looking for an XXXXX?  There is one for sale on Facebook"....otherwise, I stay out.  Everyone else I know lives on it and it just irks me I guess.

I signed myself up back in college, so I could look up the hot chicks in my classes (that I obviously didn't talk to), and to check out the pictures of all the crazy parties folks talked about (that I obviously didn't go to and was not invited to attend).  Half the stuff on there from that time, isn't even permissible now.    :beer:

• Alc, KennyP and BTS have said thanks

#11 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 08:09 AM

If Facebook doesn't work out for you remember  we're all " friends " here on GTTalk !

Thanks

#12 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 08:20 AM

I joined for business only, I'm not planing on talking to any family or anything, this is a easy way to list tractors and parts for sale. I am getting lots more tractors soon, (including a single front wheel farmall H) I can post them all on here and keep everything more organized and hopefully sell more!.

#13 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,704 Thanks
  • 8,894 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 09:07 AM

My last tractor was found on FB by TD&H, so I certainly understand your reasoning. Good luck with it.
  • BTS said thank you

#14 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 10:01 AM

I enjoy my FB account and friends,we even have get togethers from time to time,like everything else ..it is what you make it..I do enjoy my time here on the GT page as well.

Since I work online I spend lots of time on both FB and here as well.

• Alc, Talntedmrgreen and BTS have said thanks

#15 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 11:20 AM

It's has good and bads, mostly bads. I have it, it's a good way to re-connect with old classmates and family I don't see much. Seems classified or "yard sales" have became popular on FB the last year or so, that always costs me money, especcially when the wifey is trolling it LOL.

Many businesses are using too as form of advertising so maybe good for them?

I have to take breaks from it, drama, stupidity, arguments, etc. 

You can be friends with people though and block their content. I have a cousin that posts every article, paper, story, funny stuff, pinerest, etc she sees, easily 70-80 post a day. I am still friends as she can see mine, but I see nothing of hers.

Sadly, a lot of people make it their life and everytihng revolves around FB

• BTS said thank you