408 replies to this topic

#391 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 06:16 PM

Todays pics show the new rear hitch parts cut out and welded and attached. Also I built a right side lower storage box and I added three overhead rear lights at the roof top. I am now working on a left side box that will hold the Cub Cadet fuel tank. I will have to add a electric fuel pump but I will keep the smaller gravity fed tank under the dump box for backup. :D

Attached Thumbnails

• aaasidebox1.jpg
  • aaasidebox2.jpg
  • aaasidebox3.jpg
  • aaasidebox3.jpg

Edited by Don Campbell, November 21, 2015 - 06:17 PM.

#392 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 06:23 PM

I got the Gator project finished and now working on a addition to the Steiner / Deer articulating tractor cab . The top and the rear sections can be removed in 15 minutes but it will make the winter snowplowing more fun out of the cold wind. I did not want to modify the original cab so I can still get the original cab look in the summer for tractor shows. Today I recieved notice that this little tractor made it in ( The Best of Farm Show ) of Farm Show Magazine . That is pretty cool.

Attached Thumbnails

• painting 009.JPG
  • aaafarmshowbest1.jpg
  • aaacabroof.jpg

Edited by Don Campbell, December 17, 2015 - 06:24 PM.

• gopher, backwoods, michael.kitko and 2 others have said thanks

#393 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 18, 2015 - 02:51 PM

Todays project was to cut out some 1/4 inch plate steel for three nice rear steps for the Steiner / Deere Tractor. The cab is rear entry so i wanted nice steps.

I plowed snow this morning .  I am going to build easy on and off front side wings for the blade next.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaaplowing.jpg
  • aaathirdstep.jpg

• Alc said thank you

#394 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 07:19 AM

Awsome job Don.

#395 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 08, 2016 - 05:47 PM

Thanks !,

Today Deb downloaded a video on You-Tube of me test driving the Steiner/ Deere with the new cab addition. It is quite cozy inside and will make it much more comfortable plowing snow on cold snowy blizzard days . It looks a little like the POPE MOBILE , ha,ha,ha.   The good news is the rear and top can be removed in 20 minutes for a much nicer summer look.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaacab9630.jpg

Edited by Don Campbell, January 08, 2016 - 05:47 PM.

• gopher said thank you

#396 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 567 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted January 08, 2016 - 06:07 PM

With the addon your ears won't get cold lol. That silage blade handles that wet heavy snow well. As always Don excelent job.

#397 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 11, 2016 - 01:49 PM

Thanks !!

Today Deb downloaded You-Tube video #200.  This one shows my Tarp Flipper invention in action. The last few days I been getting plenty of seat time plowing snow . I used to have climb up on the slippery fenders and drag the heavy canvas tarp up over the roof many times during the winter months. Now you can see it is a very easy method and no chance of falling off the loader. These new photos we just took today  to better show how it works along with the video.  Also I have to say my new JD X-7584x4 tractor is working Awesome !!!   I would like to also design a similar tarp flipper for our motorhome for the summer months when it is not in storage to eliminate all the black streaks . A future project is a garden tractor Bar be cue grill that has the smoke coming out the exhaust stack. :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaatarpflipperA.jpg
  • aaatarpflipperB.jpg
  • aaatarpflipperC.jpg
  • aaatarpflipperD.jpg

#398 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 06:52 PM

One week ago we had no snow and today Deb took this photo of me in my backyard. I have enjoyed playing in the snow . I also just finished shoveling my roof off , not so fun, ha,ha. The little 4x4 is doing a great job with the blade. I still have not tried out the 54 inch. snowblower. I made it in Farm Show again today for my 2 wheel dolly conversions to flat wagons too. Very cool !  :thumbs:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaasnowpile.jpg
  • aaafarmshow4.jpg

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#399 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 23, 2016 - 04:29 PM

Deb posted a new you-tube video today showing the step by step procedures of me converting the electric JD Gator to a Cub Cadet powered Gator. Anyone interested can go to video number 202 .

Attached Thumbnails

• gator cut in half 005.JPG

• gopher said thank you

#400 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 567 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted January 23, 2016 - 05:41 PM

A couple things Don. How much snow do you need to try out the blower? I'm assuming Deb is the one doing the filming you shouldn't hop off saying how much warmer your cab addition is while Deb is out in the cold. Just saying that would make for a cool night at home with my Debbie HAHA.. And the 4x4 sure looks like a smooth running tractor.

#401 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 05:41 PM

We are supposed to get snow tonight and today I moved the Steiner/Deere in front to try out the new cab tomorrow. I also took the blade off and attached the new blower and hope to try it out tomorrow too. I love pushing snow and blowing snow it goes so fast and then I am done. Pushing snow I can push it back and forth all day , ha,ha.

Deb just downloaded a new you-tube video showing a John Deere plowing 32 inches of snow in D.C. on my daughters street. It is video number 203 .

Attached Thumbnails

• aaasteinerready.jpg

• gopher said thank you

#402 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 01:23 PM

I spend 90% of my time in my workshop building things and only 10% of the time playing on them. We got 4 inches of snow this morning so I finally tried out the brand new 54 in. snowblower I bought in Nov. of 2014 . The snow was wet but it did a good job. Deb just added a new You-Tube video in case anyone wants to watch it. It took me a few minutes to figure out the reverse pto safety dis engage switch but then it was fine. :thumbs:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaablower1.jpg
  • aaablower2.jpg

• gopher said thank you

#403 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,802 Thanks
  • 2,201 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 04:21 PM

Where's the cab? 

#404 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 27, 2016 - 12:36 PM

No cab yet, but it will probably get one .

Steiner/ Deere Video today !!!   Deb just added the last snowplow video today of the little Steiner/Deere working with the new cab. I have plowed or hand shoveled my driveway 16 mornings out of the last 18 days. Only 7 more weeks of winter to go, Woo, Hoo This video gives a good idea how well the little tractor can push heavy wet snow.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaasnow2.jpg
  • aaasnow3.jpg

#405 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 10:04 AM

NEW VIDEO today shows 30 of my projects all in one in action. Not sure what this year will bring now that I built most of the garden tractors and trailers i wanted to build. I am sure I will sell a few tractors and probably buy a couple more. This could be the year I finally build a garden tractor with tracks. I am also thinking about taking the Cat tractor and making it into half tracks. And this could also be the year I go back to building steel models again. As i get older I just don't know for sure what is ahead. But I'm sure there will be future projects in my little workshop I will share . Thanks again for letting me be a part of this great sight . I hope my videos and photos give some of you ideas for your own little projects.

Attached Thumbnails

• 4010956169_4ae6cc1cbf_o.jpg

• EricR and TomLGT195 have said thanks