BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,766 Thanks
  • 1,761 posts

Posted April 16, 2015 - 06:56 AM

Looks great!

Glad to here things have melted off but now what are you going to do with your tractors ???

#272 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 07:36 AM

I have many things to do to the tractors this summer , everyone of them need more attention . Mostly smaller things . The snow should be melted in the next couple days and I can finally get to my round fender sulky project . That will be the first project in the shop for me to finish.

#273 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 07:39 AM

Yesterday I removed the snowbucket off the mini loader and attached the forks . I dug out the jd 110 snowblower pallet. I have never seen the snowblower on one of my round fender 110's. I think they look pretty cool and today will hook it up . Mostly for looks. This old snowblower looks pretty straight yet for it's old age.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaawaldon.jpg
  • aaawaldon2.jpg

• Gabriel said thank you

#274 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 06:03 PM

Today I attached the snowblower to the jd 110 . I soon realized there was no lift linkage. So I found a couple small clevis's and a piece of 3/8" rod and I will weld it up and put a kink in it tomorrow. I also don't like the bent up front guard so i will  cut out a new one of those too so it will be nice and smooth again. I actually like the look of the snowblower on the tractor. Also this weekend I would like to finish modifiing the jd 455 mounting brackets for the Ariens snowblower . I want to get a group shot of all four snowblowers and tractors side by side  next week. Tomorrow the snow hill should be gone and I will dig out the round fender sulky too. :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaasnowblowers1.jpg
  • aaasnowblowers2.jpg

• gopher, TomLGT195, superspeedex and 1 other said thanks

#275 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted April 18, 2015 - 09:44 AM

Today I dug out the little lawn trailers. Now you can see better the round fender sulky I worked on last fall . I want to mount this old spring seat on it .  I still plan on building a couple more small trailers this summer . Then I can have a buy on, get one free sale ! When I sell my tractors , I can throw a free trailer on each deal to sweaten it up :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaasulky.jpg

• gopher, TomLGT195, superspeedex and 1 other said thanks

#276 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:47 AM

I got the lift linkage for the jd 110 snowblower fabricated yesterday and it works great !  I also took a couple hubcaps off my other jd to see how they would look on my jd 110 . I like them. :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaalinkage2.jpg

• gopher, superspeedex and Gabriel have said thanks

#277 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,766 Thanks
  • 1,761 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 01:12 PM

Looks great!

Although isn't it a little late to be putting on a snow blower? :smilewink:

• Don Campbell said thank you

#278 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 12:28 PM

Oh No !, snow in the forecast for the next two mornings and below 30 degrees for alows all next week! Two more snows yet for us.

• BTS said thank you

#279 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 12:32 PM

Headed to the shop this morning to work on the snowblower brackets and got side tracked . My small air compressor has been sitting in the corner for several years and I just decided to pull it out , sand it along with my 30 year old portable air tank. Then I put larger tires on the rear and will add two more tires on the front with a wagon type pull handle . Also a cradle on the rear so the portable air tank can just sit crossways and just pull it up to use it. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Attached Thumbnails

• air tanks 002.JPG

• gopher and Gabriel have said thanks

#280 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 01:47 PM

Today I fabricated the front steering axle and attached the front tires . I still have to build the brackets for the handle and build the rack for the portable air tank. It should pull much nicer on the grass out in the backyard. These were the old junker tires from the articulating Bolens . I had thought about throwing them away because two of them i had to cut off with the torch. Very happy to have found a way to make them work. :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaacompressor1.jpg

• superspeedex and Gabriel have said thanks

#281 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,766 Thanks
  • 1,761 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 10:48 PM

Looks good, I need to do that to my compressor, it has such small wheels I can't hardly get it down the gravel driveway.

#282 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 05:43 PM

Back from a spring vacation !, I fired up the grader today for the first time this year. I also fired up Deb's rear engine jd 68 and it fired right up. I also got the jd train all hooked up , I'm running a different engine this season. Raking the yard today there were two spots 4 in thick of ice still under the leaves. Tomorrow I will fire up three more tractors . :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaaspringstart3.jpg
  • aaaspringstart2.jpg

#283 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted May 03, 2015 - 09:41 AM

I got the air compressor project done . I have now fired up 13 of my 16 tractors. Tomorrow I will see if the last three will start . :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaabolens1.jpg
  • aaabolens2.jpg
  • aaabolens3.jpg

#284 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 06:32 PM

Sixteen engines now running !  Today I got the last two jd 110 fired up for the first time this year and after removing the carb on the Wards/ jd 730 narrow front and cleaning it and readjusting it , it also fired up and ran great. So now all 16 tractors are ready for my little 4 year old grandson Terak to enjoy. And my son in law too !!  Also here is the Cub Cadet running . :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaanarrow1.jpg
  • aaanarrow2.jpg
  • aaanarrow3.jpg
  • aaanarrow4.jpg

• Gabriel said thank you

#285 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 11:15 AM

This morning on my walk I spotted 25 garden tractor tires and rims by the road for trash pickup. I hopped in my truck and picked out the best 12 . Now I can add those 12 to the 16 I already have and make more trailers for my JD Train, :shoot2: :D :wave: :thumbs: :deadhorse: :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaatires2.jpg

• Cvans and TomLGT195 have said thanks