408 replies to this topic

#241 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 11, 2015 - 02:58 PM

I was looking today at the tires I still have left in the shop and even though 15 tractors is enough , I may have to still build a couple more small lawn cart type trailers. That way I can bundle each tractor deal with a little trailer , :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaatrain.jpg
  • aaadrivingpullinggrandpa.jpg
  • P1030332.JPG
  • P1030347.JPG

• Alc, BTS and superspeedex have said thanks

#242 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 14, 2015 - 11:40 AM

4 or 5 inches of new snow this morning , Deb just took this picture of me starting to shovel my driveway . Even though I have 15 tractors, one mini loader and a nice truck and plow I still really enjoy pushing the snow off to the side of the driveway with the push scoop. It really is good exercise without any lifting . I have already wore off a 1/4 in. off the new cutting edge I replaced last month .

It is so quite and peaceful .  I am counting the days to get back to the workshop and get going on a new project. :wave:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaashovel.jpg

Edited by Don Campbell, February 14, 2015 - 11:41 AM.

• GTTinkerer and EricR have said thanks

#243 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 08:52 AM

40 years ago I did not even have a garage so I would weld outside in the driveway . As soon as I built a garage I was off to the races building things. Vw's were the cheapest things to buy for 25 , 50 , 75 dollars . I would strip them down and take the good stuff off. I built a hand operated bender and began bending tubing making my own rail buggy frames and welding the vw parts to them. On the farm they were kinda like a little tractor to me too with terra tires and I would go in the trails and mud and across the fields. I made over 20 of them and i usually had a nice one for the dunes. I had basic tools and a old Lincoln 225 buzz box that i still use today.

These were far from a garden tractor but I actually plowed snow with a couple of them.

Attached Thumbnails

• 256923302_dda284028c_o.jpg
  • 256923307_4203428d38_o.jpg
  • 256923318_1a69867858_o.jpg
  • 256923351_ec9792d4ec_o.jpg

• GTTinkerer, farmerall, BTS and 1 other said thanks

#244 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 11:51 PM

YOU VOLKSWAGEN MURDERER!!!!! :shoot3: :( :( :(  :rolling:

Now your getting into my favorite hobby! VW's!!!!!!!!! :worship: :love: :peace:

I even have a VW thread on this forum!

http://gardentractor...ssic-vw-thread/

Here are a couple pictures of my '74 super beetle "before" and "after" , I'm just getting ready to get the engine back in and take it out for a drive! . I also added a picture of my '79 bus that I'm starting on next!.

Attached Thumbnails

• Pics 036.JPG
  • VW BUG 008.jpg
  • VW BUG 003.jpg
  • VW BUS 012.JPG

• Don Campbell said thank you

#245 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 03:46 PM

Deb and I have many great VW memories , we even bought a brand new one a few years ago. I always like seeing old bugs.

I drove them old bugs to work for many years in the 70's .

4 below zero again this morning in Gaylord , our average temperature this month is TWO DEGREES !!  in Gaylord . We have had so many below zero days and high only 5 or 10 degrees. This is a all time record going back over 100 years.

The old Waldon mini loader turned over slow but it started and off I went cleaning up my yard and hauling it out back and cleaning up the neighbors yard and piling snow for them. It is almost March and I can't wait for warmer weather in the 30's . I keep waiting for the Waldon to die so I can try out my new jd 4x4 tractor but so far no luck , ha,ha.

Attached Thumbnails

• waldon in cab 037.JPG

• Gabriel said thank you

#246 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 08:16 PM

Don how many neighbor hood kids come to your shop when you are out there . When I was a kid I had a neighbor that would build stuff in his garage I spent many hours helping him out . Well what I should have said was learning by watching him

#247 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 04, 2015 - 03:42 PM

None,

My wife had a daycare for many years and just one of the little boys used to love watching through the window . Almost everyday he would peek in to see my daily progress .

Coldest Feb. in history is what our local newspaper said today . But next week were seeing the first 30 - 35 degree temps and it is going to seem so nice. I will be getting five of my little tractrors ready to sell in the spring to give me more room for future projects.

Farm Show sent me a sample yesterday for the next article , Mark said he picked my grader project for this months issue. That is very cool . As a young boy I used to cut out the articles in the back of the Successful Farming and Farm Journal Magazines that showed farm ideas. I still have many of them 40 years later. To think my projects are now ina similar publication is very nice. Hopefully some young boy somewhere likes my projects too .

Attached Thumbnails

• 12091329673524.jpg
  • aaatestdrive2.jpg

• EricR, TomLGT195 and morepower302 have said thanks

#248 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted March 04, 2015 - 09:25 PM

I'll tell you Don at 61 I'm far from being a kid but I'm simply amazed at most of your projects you make without the aid of industrial machine shop. And a eye for detail you are truly gifted.  

#249 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 10:51 AM

Thanks , I am 62 and still love puttering . I cannot wait to get back in my little workshop to tweak something new, ha,ha.

#250 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 10:58 AM

25 times plowing my driveway so far with my walk behind 53 inch plow.  Most days we only got 3 or 4 inches of snow and not enough to start the tractor. I love this crazy plow.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaaawb2.jpg
  • aaaawb5.jpg
  • aaaawb4.jpg
  • aaaawb6.jpg
  • aaaawb7.jpg
  • P1040277.JPG

#251 morepower302 OFFLINE  

morepower302
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 64862
  • 72 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 10:02 PM

None,
   My wife had a daycare for many years and just one of the little boys used to love watching through the window . Almost everyday he would peek in to see my daily progress .
   Coldest Feb. in history is what our local newspaper said today . But next week were seeing the first 30 - 35 degree temps and it is going to seem so nice. I will be getting five of my little tractrors ready to sell in the spring to give me more room for future projects.
  Farm Show sent me a sample yesterday for the next article , Mark said he picked my grader project for this months issue. That is very cool . As a young boy I used to cut out the articles in the back of the Successful Farming and Farm Journal Magazines that showed farm ideas. I still have many of them 40 years later. To think my projects are now ina similar publication is very nice. Hopefully some young boy somewhere likes my projects too .

That's a nice looking grader! I'm also a fan of the Champion 100T and ACCO grader models that you have made.

#252 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 11:26 PM

I've always wanted a small grader, I'm planning on building a belly mount blade out of a road grader cutting edge for my Bolens HT-23. I'm going to try and make it were it is fully adjustable (with hydraulics) in every way like a full sized grader.

#253 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 03:27 PM

I was just trying to make something unique to drive around the tractor shows. I think it would draw some attention, ha,ha.

#254 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 03:32 PM

Spring Selloff -  Well, with new projects to start building in April  and 16 little tractors, one mini loader, 6 trailers , two cars , one pickup and a motorhome and my tiny backyard something has to go !!   So I picked out these 5 little machines to sell. I am going to put them on Craigslist in April and see if I can free up some space. If they don't sell I will build some racks and start stacking them 2 or three high with my loader forks, lol  Truthfully I hate to sell any of them , :wallbanging:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaa5.jpg
  • aaaboxscraper1.jpg
  • aaacatoutside.jpg
  • aaatestdrive.jpg
  • cubbypaintedblade 009.JPG

• superspeedex said thank you

#255 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 07:42 AM

This week were getting our first 40 degree days and it feels great. Yesterday I fired up the Zero turn mower and pulled it in the shop, fired up the Cat tractor and started the new jd 4x4 and I pulled the truck out of storage . It seemed nice to have some stuff in the driveway . Next week the cold air and winter returns for a few more weeks but this sure felt good this week. I can't wait to get back in the shop.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaaspring2.jpg