408 replies to this topic

#196 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 09:08 AM

Today I will clean off the mini 4x4 articulating tractor and push some snow around and then park it inside in the workshop out of the weather. I will wait until Feb. if it warms up to work in the shop.

Attached Thumbnails

• 4x4articulating1.jpg
  • aaa4x4articulating2.jpg

#197 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 09:00 AM

Todays pics show the Waldon 5000 the day I got it , 10 days later I had it all sanded and repainted. Removed the old bucket and installed the front blade , then converted the blade to a bucket.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaaloader1.jpg
  • aaaloader3.jpg
  • aaaloader5.jpg
  • aaaloader6.jpg

• superaben, Sawdust, superspeedex and 1 other said thanks

#198 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 10:43 PM

WOW that looks great!, I love that Waldon!!!!! :love:. Did you rebuild the loader? it's kinda hard to see in the "before" picture but the loader looks different?.

If you ever want to give it someone, let me know :thumbs: :wave: :D :smilewink: :poke:

• Don Campbell said thank you

#199 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 11:04 PM

Don, I haven't said much, but I've been watching... and I'll tell you, you have talent: don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Ben W.

#200 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the kind words. I'm the first to admit my projects are rough around the edges but I do everything myself from the beginning to the end, no help , not sending anything to have things made . I have no milling machines or lathe or fancy computer cutting table. Just simple crude tools in a tiny workshop. :thumbs:

My wife just downloaded 50 pics on you tube of my tallest workshop project standing over 10 feet tall. It shows the whole process from start to finish and it also shows several pics of the real Silver Spade being cut up for scrap. if anyone is interested go to doncampbellmodels 187 on you-tube.

If not here are a few pics of this project in my little workshop.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaaspade18.jpg
  • aaaspade8.jpg
  • aaaspade9.jpg
  • aaaspade14.jpg
  • aaaspade50.jpg
  • DSCN1957.JPG

• Alc, GTTinkerer, EricR and 4 others have said thanks

#201 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 10:59 AM

Deb posted a second actual video this morning on you-tube of me pushing the Silver Spade around and showing more detail.

As I built the larger models I always thought about putting garden tractor components under them to make them actually work . I thought a old zero turn mower frame under the dozer with RC controls would have been cool. Even the train I thought of a garden tractor type running gear and tires under it to drive it around. So buying old garden tractors have been on my mind for many years.

Attached Thumbnails

• catripperdecals.jpg
  • aaachessie2.jpg
  • P&H2.jpg

• Alc, TomLGT195, superspeedex and 2 others have said thanks

#202 fairlead OFFLINE  

fairlead
  • Member No: 65404
  • 67 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 04:05 PM

Love the EMD!

#203 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:10 AM

A couple days ago I was informed that my mini 4x4 articulating JD 9630 is going to be in the next issue of Farm Show. Also I was asked to write up a article with pics on the Cat V-plow project with the side wing. I have had a few of my projects in Farm Show over the years and it is always fun bein gin there.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaafarmshow.jpg

• GTTinkerer, EricR, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#204 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 09:02 AM

Roof shoveling over my garage brought down plenty of snow in the driveway . Once it hits the ground it packs and becomes hard to shovel. But with the help of the Waldon and the Steiner/Deere it made it fun to clean up.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaaroofshovel1.jpg
  • aaaroofshovel2.jpg

• superspeedex said thank you

#205 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 10:09 PM

Congrats on getting into Farmshow! :rocker2:  I made it in once with my Reversed Allis Chalmers WD with Farmhand F11 loader.

Looks like that big bucket makes quick work of the snow!   We've been in the 60's the last couple of days, kinda hard to think about snow!

How many inches have you gotten this winter?

#206 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 12:09 PM

Thanks ,

I just got my copy today , very fun to see our projects in Farm Show.

A couple people told me the big snow bucket was not built heavy enough but it has been going now for three winters and working great even in hard packed snowbanks. I would really like to add 12 inches to the cutting edge but I better not press my luck, ha,ha.

Snowfall so far this winter is only 96 inches. Pretty mild but a lot of below zero days.

Here is the article I got today , they did a nice article and two nice pictures in color.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaafamrshow copy.jpg

• GTTinkerer, gopher, michael.kitko and 2 others have said thanks

#207 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 18, 2015 - 09:55 AM

Todays pics show my lineup getting in the lawn care business many years ago. I was always tweaking and building things. I built the cab for the jd 1050 and built the vacuum system brackets for the front mount mower. Later I built a front snowblade with wings and a rear blade. The rear blade is now being used as the bucket on the front of my Waldon loader. It was fun trying to save money building things myself. I built three different size lawn trailers too.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaablade5.jpg
  • aaacab4.jpg
  • aaablade4.jpg
  • aaacab5.jpg
  • P4080008.JPG

• superspeedex and Gabriel have said thanks

#208 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 19, 2015 - 09:16 AM

A lot of people ask me if I am ever going to make the mini dozer project. I thought I would post pics today of the exact machines I am looking at like I want to build. I want it to be high tracks and rubber tracks too .

Attached Thumbnails

• aaahitrack1.jpg
  • aaahitrack2.jpg
  • aaahitrack3.jpg
  • aaahitrack4.jpg

• gopher, diesel nut and superspeedex have said thanks

#209 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted January 19, 2015 - 07:56 PM

Just wondering Don with your Propensity for green why is the Waldon still yellow ? Did you ever consider putting a 4x4 Deere skin on it. I noticed  green doesn't cross over to the sports cars all red.Do you know where that awsome 63 split window is today?

#210 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 11:52 AM

No, I am not sure where the 63 split window Vette is for sure. Last I knew it was sold to a fellow in Ohio.

No, I have never had a single thought of a green and yellow Waldon, If anything I was going to decal it up as a mini Caterpillar Machine, ha,ha. I did like Red Vettes and it is probably my love for Case - IH Tractors . I do love all brands of tractors , most of my garden tractors were junk and I always had a gallon of jd green and a gallon of jd yellow in the shop. Paint is very expensive and to save a lot of money just painting everything green was cheapest. A while back I bought a few gallons of cheap jd paint and I always knew I would use it up someday , ha,ha. The little Ranch king Cat tractor is a nice change. If I do build the hi trac garden tractor it will be my last green custom machine.