Yesterday my wifes nephew was released from the hospital. He is a well known Race car builder around here and makes his living working on and building them. Thursday he was working with a helper working on a fuel cell. They were having problems with what they were doing so he had his arm down in the cell. His help reached for a wrench and dropped it and you guessed it, it sparked and ignited the fumes in the cell. He has 3rd degree burns on his arm and had to under go skin graphs. Luckily his face didn't get much just his arm.
The point is here is a guy who does this for a living that should have know to purge that cell before working on it. For what ever reason didn't and paid the price. Al thought this isn't tractor related it can still happen to any of us as we work on our equipment. When working around fuel keep safety in mind and if you are working on a tank PURGE IT!