Who Has The Most Toys

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 lesmeister OFFLINE  

• Member No: 30635
  • 185 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 09:07 PM

I have 14 complete tractors and two parts tractors. Attachments are up to 8 or so
  • Littledeere, boyscout862, farmer john and 1 other said thanks

#32 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,713 Thanks
  • 863 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 06:59 AM

well thanks guys you have confirmed my suspisions, i need help!! i know theres no cure for this addiction!  but im sure theres lots of you guys out there who just wont admit how bad your addiction is, reminds me of a previous post, Hi im John and im a tractorholic!

• Littledeere, boyscout862 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#33 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,222 Thanks
  • 7,455 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 07:08 AM

Hi im John and im a tractorholic!

You might want to get a Medic Alert bracelet so paramedics know what they are dealing with!

• Littledeere and farmer john have said thanks

#34 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,514 Thanks
  • 3,064 posts

Posted September 25, 2014 - 10:00 AM

I think my "toys" are under control.  I sold three little tractors this year, and bought one new little tractor and one big farm tractor (ok, I have bought lots of big tractor implements.)  I have resisted tons of good deals on garden tractors I don't need.  I have even sold more guns than I have bought lately.
Funny story about wives and too many big boy toys.  A few years ago I was buying new old guns pretty frequently, every few weeks one would follow me home.  One day, I was in the garage admiring my latest, a pretty 1903 Springfield sporter when my wife walked in.  "I don't recognize that one, is it new?"  I never ask my wife permission, but I don't hide anything either.  "I just bought it today."  Something clicked with her, maybe a quick mental calculation of how much of our money I had spent.  Within a week, she bought a horse!  So the horse is like a garden tractor with no implements.  Following the horse, we got a trailer, a few miles of fence, a new water system in the house, a barn, enough saddles to outfit Custer's Cavalry, more horses, chickens, ducks, cattle, a big tractor, a building to store the tractor and saddles.  Basically that first horse changed our entire family's lifestyle from tv watching sedentary to active and prepared.

Are you sure it was the horse? I think it was the gun, LOL. But then, I like guns, horses and garden tractors, so who cares, everyone has fun.

#35 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,461 Thanks
  • 2,527 posts

Posted September 25, 2014 - 02:18 PM

I don't have the most by any means, but then again, I'm not in this to have more than everybody else either. As most of you know, I am brand specific and limit my collection to tractors made between 1963 through 1974. My collection consists of 6 different John Deere models, and they are the 110, 112, 120, 140, 60, and 70. I promised my wife that I wouldn't buy anymore tractors once the 11 piece round fender collection was complete, and for the most part, I have been a man of my word. I have a couple of doubles, but not many. 

As of right now, I have a total of 27 tractors and right around 40 attachments. I only collect the early attachments that carry John Deere brass or aluminum tagged serial number tags, as I don't want anything with a decal serial number tag. I don't collect any of the allied attachments such as Brinly or Haban, and I have no desire to have a front end loader. I'm fussy on what I buy, and don't usually spend my money on parts tractors. I don't buy a whole tractor for just one part, as I figure it's worth more to a collector who is just getting started in this hobby, and the whole tractor would be more beneficial to him as being complete, then it would be to me for just a certain part. I would rather search for a couple of years looking for the right part, rather than tear a good tractor apart for just a part or two, and then have the remains sitting in my yard doing me no good.

Out of the entire collection, only two tractors will be set up for odds and ends work. One will have a rototiller while the other will have a blade. I have a small yard, so I don't mind mowing the yard with the push mower. Eventually they will all be trailer queens, and will be considered show tractors only. My wife gives her opinion every now and then as to thinking I have too many, but she also knows that I'd be very miserable or lost if I didn't have them to work on. Tractors may not be her favorite subject, but she's content as she knows where I'm at every night and weekend, and knows that working on tractors aren't illegal or going to get me into trouble. She also realizes that I could be doing something much worse, so she has no complaints.

These tractors keep me happy and content, and I enjoy working on them with the kids. I feel I have a close relationship with my kids, as they enjoy them as much as I do, and the wife is happy that the bank account isn't being drained for lawn ornaments. As far as I'm concerned, we have a pretty good system here at home, and as long as it keeps working, I ain't going to fix it!

Edited by johndeereelfman, September 30, 2014 - 07:39 PM.

• Bolens 1000, MH81, IamSherwood and 6 others have said thanks

#36 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,713 Thanks
  • 863 posts

Posted September 30, 2014 - 07:04 PM

its nice to be specific in your collection, i havent got there yet but that day is coming soon, i was collecting wheel horses, every single one i found and could afford, now i am starting to collect what i like and avoid project tractors, the only problem now is when i tell them im not interested the give them to me or at less than scrap, i now have 3 wh 314s the last one i didnt want came with a blower, mower, tiller , weights and chains ran great he finally said if he couldnt get $100 he would scrap the whole shootting match, couldnt let that happen, i do the same for dogs too, thats why i have 3 and have fostered many more till i could find them homes

• Littledeere, johndeereelfman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#37 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,051 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted October 03, 2014 - 01:36 PM

My count is constantly changing.  I like finding the local buys that need something fixed, so they can be put back into service.  If I can make a little $$ for my time, and use some of the parts I have on hand in order to get a GT back to mowing, tilling etc, I'm all for it.  The rest of the time I am looking for specific models, usually from the Simplicity/AC stable, or in blue/white Homelite or bronze Wards paint.  Along the way I have picked up other brands 'try out' JD's, Wheel Horse, Case/Ingersoll, and various other early L&GT's.  Just never fell in love with any.  I prefer machines from the '60's, but also have a few late model tractors that are a blast to use.

For a while I was grabbing machines up, and would only let one go in order to get one a bit nicer.  Now, I have settled on being comfortable with about 20 runners/keepers, and 2-3 project machines on hand at any given time.  I sold off quite a few, and also let go of any duplicate attachments or attachments that didn't see any use (including some rarities like factory loaders, groundsaw, etc).  

I now have 20 keepers, and I'm not really looking for any more.  Most I enjoy choosing from, to take to shows (I can fit 5 on the trailer).  My attachment collection is down to around 30 unique pieces...no duplicates, and each usually gets used at some point throughout the year, whether I 'need' to or not  =]  Memorabilia and signs have become somewhat of a passion now as well.

Right now I have 2 more tractors for sale, and 2 others out on (permanent?) loan.  I did have to start a pallet rack system this year, but as I mentioned, no plans for more, only the occasional project or upgrade.  I have had a lot of fun sharing advice and parts with folks near and far, and it's rare that I don't have a visitor throughout the week or weekend.  I get to sneak in a couple road trips each year as well.

• IamSherwood, Littledeere, johndeereelfman and 2 others have said thanks

#38 1978murray OFFLINE  

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted October 08, 2014 - 01:43 PM

Roughly 100 garden tractors - I don't actually know

5   farm tractors

11 motorcycles

9   antique outboards

2   boats  with inboards/stern drives

2   sport utilities - early Bronco and '65 I-H Scout

8   pickups - from compact to one ton dually

1   two ton flatbed

7   old Volkswagons

1   minivan

1   old car

2   trailers

a few more "parts only" vehicles

300 + toy tractors

200 + toy trucks

0   wives - never married but shackin-up with the same woman for 20 + years

dang!  I either need to call Hoarders TV show or I need to call an auctioneer!!!  :(

Call some of us. we will be glad to take somethings off your hands.

I got 5 garden tractors

• Gtractor, Littledeere and farmer john have said thanks

#39 aevansgatech OFFLINE  

• Member No: 62323
  • 199 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted October 08, 2014 - 03:12 PM

I just bought #1 but I already want more... What have I done... 😦

#40 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 39654
  • 1,329 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted October 08, 2014 - 06:48 PM

3gt's, 2, 2wheel gt's, 5push mowers, lost count of the chainsaws and engines(all Wisconsin & briggs except 1), 4snowblowers(2 will be sold this year), and just bought a Farmall C with fast hitch.

#41 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,041 Thanks
  • 4,972 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 03:55 PM

14 cubs. 1 snapper. 25 lawn boy.

Too many?

#42 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 43924
  • 280 Thanks
  • 177 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 10:49 PM

About 15 garden tractors and another 15 full size tractors here. 

#43 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 62113
  • 1,463 Thanks
  • 809 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 11:12 PM

Hi Peop's , I'll have to do a rough count during the week  :smilewink: 

#44 Littledeere OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,540 Thanks
  • 1,438 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 09:46 AM

OK John I think I'm one of those guys you was looking for I have around 150 Deere and maybe 20 or so other brand tractors around some parts but many complete

need to count up my Attachments again as I know I have gained a few  

So here are some pics to show your wife maybe your not that bad {LOL}

Attached Thumbnails

• New pics 4 147.JPG
  • Inside shop pics 7 2014 (1).JPG
  • Inside shop pics 7 2014 (5).JPG
  • Inside shop pics 7 2014 (4).JPG
  • Inside shop pics 7 2014 (8).JPG

Edited by Littledeere, October 12, 2014 - 09:47 AM.

• Bolens 1000, Talntedmrgreen, boyscout862 and 3 others have said thanks

#45 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,446 Thanks
  • 17,086 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 10:16 AM

OK John I think I'm one of those guys you was looking for I have around 150 Deere and maybe 20 or so other brand tractors around some parts but many complete

need to count up my Attachments again as I know I have gained a few  

So here are some pics to show your wife maybe your not that bad {LOL}

Now thats the way to store stuff!

When you run out of ground space you go up! :D

• Littledeere, boyscout862 and farmer john have said thanks