• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jrat OFFLINE  

Jrat
  • Member No: 62214
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 08:02 AM

Hello guys, I am new to the forum. Thought I would ask if anyone has had any success stopping a leak from transaxle with stop leak or maybe Lucas Trans-fix.....? I have a Simplicity 7112 Hydro drive that i have been using for about ten years.I have been diligent about changing the fluids over the years. Noticed a week ago or so after mowing a small puddle under the transaxle. It appears to be coming out right where the transaxle gasket is (where you would split the casing). I have been using Mercon ATF in hydro since I have owned it, and i believe the previous owner had as well. Looks like a big job to remove and change gasket..... I appreciate any ideas, Thanks.

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,753 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 08:07 AM

I would go ahead, bite the bullet, and remove it to replace the gasket. It's given you 10 good years of service, I think it deserves a new gasket.

Welcome to GTTalk!

• fogler12538 and Jrat have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,544 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 09:10 AM

Welcome to GTT. I agree with CAT and add that you might as well check everything while you are at it. There are manuals in our Manuals Section(three free downloads per day) and our sponsors can provide parts. Its a very good tractor. Give it some TLC and leave it to your grandkids many years from now. Good Luck, Rick

• Jrat said thank you

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 02:52 PM

Welcome to the forum! A couple of things to check first. Have you checked to make sure the bolts that hold the 2 halves together. You could also check the hydrostatic drive vent to make sure it is not plugged. If the case pressure builds up it will force fluid out through the weakest spot. These are both probably long shots but nobody wants to see you tear down the transmission if it's not necessary. 

• boyscout862 and Jrat have said thanks