#1 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Went to same auction as Brother Rick did. Bought stuff I didn't need.(didn't get any pics of my stuff)

But A Buddy of mine took it one step further and paid $250.00 for what's in the pictures. Guess he will be too high class for me now that he owns his own Yacht.  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl: Yes it runs.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01581.JPG
  • DSC01582.JPG
  • DSC01583.JPG
  • DSC01584.JPG

• tinbender7 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 07:34 PM

$250 for a boat would have been too much for me to pass up.  I'd have bought it just to flip it for $500 tomorrow.

Ben W.

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 09:36 PM

Wife wants a boat, says get rid of tractors, get boat!  People I talk to say Boat is another Money Pit and high maintainance. I see lots of inboards for sale, but told to stay away from them if they are broken. Most have Chevy V-8's and Fours converted to marine use, yet lots of odd parts in them and pumps and pumps and pumps. Have to watch water getting into engines when backing too fast, gets in exhaust and locks up or other bad things. Huhhh?  Heard that many times. I was told a boat is much like GT, you want bad, you buy one to fix, cost too much to do right, just sits in yard and rots!  Ha!  I think might have one next summer anyway. Would like a Fiberglass not too big with open area in bow for passengers, and enough engine to ski or tube with.  We'll see. Guess at $250 one could go a ways before being too much into it if it doesn't work out. Sure needs some seats, yuk!  Hows the cabin look?  What engine and drive is in that?

• Traill95 said thank you

#4 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 09:54 PM

A boat is a hole in the water you throw money in!

I've never had much interest in boats but I do enjoy riding in boats other people own!

For 250 bucks it might be fun to buy and resell or sell parts on ebay.

Edited by toomanytoys84, September 20, 2014 - 09:54 PM.

• Bill 76 said thank you

#5 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 10:53 PM

Wife wants a boat, says get rid of tractors, get boat!  People I talk to say Boat is another Money Pit and high maintainance. I see lots of inboards for sale, but told to stay away from them if they are broken. Most have Chevy V-8's and Fours converted to marine use, yet lots of odd parts in them and pumps and pumps and pumps. Have to watch water getting into engines when backing too fast, gets in exhaust and locks up or other bad things. Huhhh?  Heard that many times. I was told a boat is much like GT, you want bad, you buy one to fix, cost too much to do right, just sits in yard and rots!  Ha!  I think might have one next summer anyway. Would like a Fiberglass not too big with open area in bow for passengers, and enough engine to ski or tube with.  We'll see. Guess at $250 one could go a ways before being too much into it if it doesn't work out. Sure needs some seats, yuk!  Hows the cabin look?  What engine and drive is in that?

has a Volvo inline 4 cylinder.

#6 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,723 Thanks
  • 8,906 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 11:04 PM

Pretty spendy trailer, if you're asking.

#7 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,640 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 02:45 AM

Looks like it might be good for a three hour tour then toss everyone overboard except Mary Ann and  procede to get stranded.

I found it easer to rent a boat for the day,Let someone else maintain it,insure it and store it.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#8 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 03:49 AM

The two best days in a man's life:  The day he buys a boat, and the day he sells a boat.  

Having owned boats for about 20 years, I have to agree, there is a fair amount of work that has to go into them to keep them up.  However they can be a lot of fun too.  My wife and I have many fond memories of boating and sleeping out on the water, trips up to Fontana Dam, along the Tennessee river, and out to Ocracoke Island among them.

• KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#9 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,392 Thanks
  • 1,528 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 05:24 PM

B.O.A.T.- bust out another thousand :D

• DougT and Bill 76 have said thanks