• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 05:29 PM

That would be me Oldallis....That got the Demonstrator and the last 446..The 446 would turn over just a bit with key. Batt need charging I guess. No key for the Demo. Tried some of the other keys and key for a 222 was long and went in the Demo but wouldn``t turn. Looked almost like and old car key.

Try to get some pics up soon

• Texas Deere and Horse, tinbender7 and OldAllis52 have said thanks

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,946 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 05:37 PM

Sweet, not just one but two. :thumbs:

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 06:41 PM

That would be me Oldallis....That got the Demonstrator and the last 446..The 446 would turn over just a bit with key. Batt need charging I guess. No key for the Demo. Tried some of the other keys and key for a 222 was long and went in the Demo but wouldn``t turn. Looked almost like and old car key.

Try to get some pics up soon

Did you go to the Sweetwater sale? if so, I'm glad to know that all those Case tractors weren't scraped. Some of the Case guys will be by soon to answer your questions.

#4 OldAllis52 OFFLINE  

OldAllis52
  • Member No: 41205
  • 271 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 07:57 PM

I know who you are now! You are lucky I am low on funds ;) If you ever want to get rid of either one let me know first. I was after the Demonstrator and the last 446. That really nice  Ingersol 446 was on the list but the engine was locked up so I backed away from it. Did you see the man on the mobility scooter? That was Mr. Henderson's first cousin. A super nice guy that was full of information about all of them. He had bought two of the nicer ones before they took them to the sale lot. He was there buying implements and a couple of rollers for parts.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#5 OldAllis52 OFFLINE  

OldAllis52
  • 271 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 09:00 PM

That was a 448 Ingersol not 446. Did you see who bought the first pallet of parts? The lift arms and top link for your Demo was in the parts on that pallet plus three or four sleeve hitches
  • icecream4070 said thank you

#6 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 06:47 AM

I heard that guy say that about the Inger 448 and went and checked the 446 and thought the same till I turned the key. I think the pumps may be making them hard to turn.

I got the guy`s number that bought the pallet and another who bought 7 of them....said he sells a lot of stuff on Ebay. The pallet guy tried to sell me the the 2 ag/wheel tires for 200$....lives in Roane county.

I met cousin Danny and we helped each other load up our stuff and got his number too....lot of knowledge there. I got the Demon home ...couldn`t get both in the trailer unless we picked them up with the chains and turned them sideways....didn`t like the looks of that. I`ll get the 446 on the way home from work Monday.  I`ll let you know if and when I get ready to sell.

#7 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,750 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 08:31 AM

Thank you for saving those.

#8 OldAllis52 OFFLINE  

OldAllis52
  • 271 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 10:10 AM

Did Danny get the rear mounted tiller? That was one of the last things on his list and I promised him I would not bid against him.

The wheel weights and some other parts were on Craigslist by dark last night. I'm going to hit Purdy's scrap yard a couple of times this week because I figure some of those tractors will end up there. We have a good relationship with them through work so I get a good deal. I bought a pretty rare Cub there for $50 so maybe I can score a deal on a Case if they end up there.

Edited by OldAllis52, September 21, 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#9 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 06:02 PM

Danny got the tiller, a deck and a blade I believe. Good guy ...I`m gonna pick up the 446 tomorrow and I noticed the headlights were missing, I am gonna need a switch for the Demon.....if I can`t find a key to work. I didn`t know there any scrapyards left...thought they all got bought up by Phillips. Sweetwater, Athens ???

#10 OldAllis52 OFFLINE  

OldAllis52
  • 271 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Purdy's is south of Sweetwater on US11 halfway to Niota. They have a garden tractor/lawn mower section. Usually there are not many older tractors there but you never know. I saw a couple of local scrappers bidding plus the guy just past the auction site on the left was there and he deals in all kinds of garden tractor stuff.

#11 OldAllis52 OFFLINE  

OldAllis52
  • 271 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 07:34 PM

The guy that bought all the parts should have the headlights. I saw a box full of new ones on one of the pallets.

#12 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Thanks Allis....The 446 turned over really good after about an hour on the charger....no spark though on either plug wire. Found the box with the points though and will look there next. I`m gonna call the guy with the pallet and see about the lights and a Switch for the Demon. There was another guy helping load that bought 7 of them ...gonna.. check with him too. I`l sak him if he`s decided about the one he`s gonna try to save too. He had mostly incomplete but talked like he was gonna try to put a couple of them together and part out the rest on ebay

#13 OldAllis52 OFFLINE  

OldAllis52
  • 271 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 07:30 PM

I am jealous because I love getting engines to run again. You are having all the fun,lol. Oh well I have one and maybe two to paint in the next couple of week so I will focus on that.