• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 09:58 PM

I picked up a 3PT hitch from Ballard Fabrication, He now makes the lift arms so i decided i would give it a shot as i have a factory hitch that's missing parts. The welds and quality seems top notch just ran into one small issue. The plans he builds these to are the ones floating around on the web and it calls for 19 1/4 length lift arms and they are spot on. When comparing these to my OEM arms they are 2 inches shorter i was wondering if this will be an issue with function.

DSC_0236.JPG DSC_0241.JPG

I also scored this Brinly plow on ebay for 1.00 and that's not a typo. The seller has alrady called to confirm pick up on Sunday morning.

http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

• Alc and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#2 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,342 Thanks
  • 1,753 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 10:48 PM

Nice score on the plow,pretty lucky,just goes to show, there are some good deals on ebay

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 05:42 AM

The length shouldn't be an issue for any implement that doesn't use a PTO shaft. If the PTO shaft length is critical then you would have to deal with the difference in length. Shorter arms will give you slightly less lift height but a bit more capacity so it's a tradeoff.

#4 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 09:28 AM

The length shouldn't be an issue for any implement that doesn't use a PTO shaft. If the PTO shaft length is critical then you would have to deal with the difference in length. Shorter arms will give you slightly less lift height but a bit more capacity so it's a tradeoff.

No pto attachments here I have a oem set if I ever did get any it's mainly for the cat 0 plow and moving my trailer around the yard with out using my truck. My only concern that it won't lift the plow high enough or go deep enough but I guess I'll see come Sunday when I get the plow.

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 09:51 AM

No pto attachments here I have a oem set if I ever did get any it's mainly for the cat 0 plow and moving my trailer around the yard with out using my truck. My only concern that it won't lift the plow high enough or go deep enough but I guess I'll see come Sunday when I get the plow.

I would guess that the top link adjustment would be able to deal with the difference in height at the top of the travel. The real issue when I think about it  would be a slight loss of travel from lowest to highest position.

#6 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 10:16 AM

You are only losing between 3/4" to 7/8" of travel in either direction. Good score on the plow.

#7 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 05:27 PM

I just measured my three point arms. And, they are 19"
I have the other style three point.

Joe