#16 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 09:51 PM

We travel a path that has been laid out for us a long time ago. As we travel this path we need to enjoy the walk. As we walk it seems harder some times than others. As for our vision of life we all see it different, it appears more for one than the other.

I had no idea that I would have three wonderful children (all grown now) and three awesome grandchildren. My current wife is my best friend and a soul mate. I could not of imagined this journey to where we are today when I was younger. I would of never imagined where I was going and where I was going to end up at that time either.

Living a life the we are supposed to live by the rules he has set for us. I realized a while ago that we control more than we think and a lot less than we want to believe. Keep going and enjoy the walk, and thank who ever you believe in that is in control.  For me all I can ask is May God Bless You All.

Roger.

• Alc, GTTinkerer, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#17 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 18, 2014 - 09:55 PM

Roger

Well said.
  • hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#18 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 10:26 PM

At 24 years old I am probably the youngest  looking at this thread, but I find myself  doing the same thing.  I also find that certain songs remind me of things that have happened and so forth.

• hamman, tinbender7, boyscout862 and 4 others have said thanks

#19 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,447 Thanks
  • 3,356 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 06:28 AM

Once life stops moving forward, it's pretty much over, the past is a beautiful place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. :thumbs:

• GTTinkerer, hamman, tinbender7 and 2 others have said thanks

#20 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 19, 2014 - 06:35 AM

Once life stops moving forward, it's pretty much over, the past is a beautiful place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. :thumbs:

but with that said .

why would anyone want to know what the future holds.  pleasant or unpleasant. 

• hamman, tinbender7, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#21 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,564 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 07:30 AM

but with that said .

Yep, that was the fun opening "Cracker Jacks"...not knowing what the prize was inside!

• GTTinkerer, hamman, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#22 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 08:05 AM

oldcowhand, I don't think I would want to see the future. At my age I guess as I go on with life I would rather just imagine what is ahead for me and my family and friends. Knowing would be the one thing that would make it worrysome. At the time I have to go I hope that my life has meant something to someone and that I have left a good impression on those I have loved and those I have helped. Just saying.                                                                                                  Roger.

• GTTinkerer, oldedeeres and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#23 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 08:39 AM

What a great thread this has been for me.As a newbiee here I feel I know some of you better,thanks everyone for sharing!

• MH81, hamman, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#24 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 09:23 AM

First of all I have a deep faith in God. I try to constantly look & live knowing that God has everything in control regardless of how it looks. To say everything happens for a reason is true but asking why bad things happen to good people can't always be explained. Like many have mentioned about paths & walks in life...life is a journey of paths that are sometimes easy & difficult. When I face difficulties I try to think about how much worse it could have been or the fact that God has protected me from far more that I haven't seen than those things that I have experienced. I will soon be 60 years young, I have battle scars, wrinkles, I hurt when I move etc. but I'm here, I have made it so far. Life is like an old tractor, it has rust, wear, scratches, dents missing parts, dirt, mud, but it has stood the test of time & we all love them. We don't have problems we have challenges.
  • Alc, GTTinkerer, hamman and 5 others have said thanks

#25 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 12:17 AM

I don't worry about the clouds in the sky of my life--- they make for a beautiful sunset. This has been a great post, just as Auburn has said.

• MH81 said thank you

#26 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • 3,447 Thanks
  • 3,356 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 09:42 AM

but with that said .

I guess you're just making a general statement? I never said a thing about knowing the future.

#27 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 11:00 AM

About knowing the future? The end is certain, the journey is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you deal with it. I'm a "glass is full" person, half of it may be water and the other half air, but it's still full. May you all enjoy as many sunsets as you are given.

• jpackard56 and toppop52 have said thanks

#28 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • 3,447 Thanks
  • 3,356 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 06:31 AM

About knowing the future? The end is certain, the journey is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you deal with it. I'm a "glass is full" person, half of it may be water and the other half air, but it's still full. May you all enjoy as many sunsets as you are given.

Of course common sense says the end is same for all, death, I figured the "future" in this case was what was going to happen between now and then and when. Which I have no desire to know.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#29 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 10:04 AM

Point taken, and I agree.
  • toppop52 said thank you