28 replies to this topic

#1 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,239 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 07:47 PM

Tonight sitting in my little work apartment thinking about life. I'm young by some of your standards. But I get into my thinking moods and just sit back and reflect on things at times.

I guess what got me thinking about life and how we go is my good friend from up north told me my ex wife had a wedding announcement in the paper. I don't care about that on an emotional level but it got me thinking.

It's strange the paths our lives take. I never imagined the things I'd experience, good and bad, and the joys and sorrows life would throw at me.

Every time we think we have it figured out our lives can go a completely different direction. Depending on what that direction is we think maybe we might never be happy again only to obtain greater happiness down the road.

I don't have a point to this post other than to maybe make anyone who reads this think that our lives and experiences good and bad shape who we are and that if things are rough now they can get better and enjoy every moment we have good and bad because it's all part of the experience. You can never give up or let things best you up. Just keep plodding forward and be the best person you can be.

Edited by toomanytoys84, September 18, 2014 - 07:48 PM.

• Bill56, MH81, Alc and 10 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 07:57 PM

I've been through some rough times, divorce & circumstances leading up to it being  the worst.  But I've always said and always will say that I'd not change a thing about my past, as it might have changed where I am, and who I am married to now.  Sad times can lead to greater happiness, and in my case, a true happy marriage.  No, my life is not perfect, but I couldn't have a better friend and wife than Teresa. 

The past was all part of the road leading to the present.

• Bill56, Alc, GTTinkerer and 9 others have said thanks

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:04 PM

Isn't it good to know that God is in control of all our lives?  And no matter what, our lives do have a purpose. 

Ben W.

• Bill56, Alc, GTTinkerer and 9 others have said thanks

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:06 PM

I tend to want to drive when I go somewhere, but lately, I've been handing the reins off more and more.

I understand, thanks for the reminder.

Are you going to the wedding? :rolling:
  • hamman, tinbender7, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#5 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:16 PM

I had a career (electronics)..best kids ever,upscale home..lots of stress..had a stroke..lost it all,except my wife and kids..I walk a little funny now,cant see well(spell even worse)..but ya know..life is good!

Had to fix post,life,not like...LOL

Edited by Auburn, September 18, 2014 - 08:24 PM.

• olcowhand, Alc, GTTinkerer and 7 others have said thanks

#6 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:18 PM

I work on GTs now,cause I can see them!!!6 years of collage..... and I turn wrenches,wish I had done that to start with!

• Alc, GTTinkerer, hamman and 1 other said thanks

#7 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:19 PM

Isn't it good to know that God is in control of all our lives?  And no matter what, our lives do have a purpose. 

Ben W.

your 100% correct,  its good to know that we are in the passenger seat.

I thought I had it when I was younger too. Worked for 18 years as a pm drive time Radio DJ. Aways in the spotlight, no privacy and tons of pressure etc. Then one day you say the wrong thing and good by to you, turns out it was the one of the best bad things that ever happened to me. Went back to my roots. Life is good.

Edited by rdehli, September 18, 2014 - 08:30 PM.

• Bill56, GTTinkerer, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks

#8 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:23 PM

Guess I am one of the lucky ones, I dated a girl out of high school{ my wife } we dated for 8 months I asked her get married she turned me down. Then 7 years later by chance we ended up dating again this time she said yes ... that was 17 1/2 years and 3 daughters ago. We are best friends, joined at the hip. She is the very best thing that ever happened to me twice ...
  • olcowhand, Bill56, Alc and 9 others have said thanks

#9 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:25 PM

Not a real religious person,but someone/or something is watching out for me..I thank who ever it is..

• Alc, GTTinkerer, hamman and 2 others have said thanks

#10 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:28 PM

Guess I am one of the lucky ones, I dated a girl out of high school{ my wife } we dated for 8 months I asked her get married she turned me down. Then 7 years later by chance we ended up dating again this time she said yes ... that was 17 1/2 years and 3 daughters ago. We are best friends, joined at the hip. She is the very best thing that ever happened to me twice ...

Had my wife for 32 years,she is why I can walk and talk,Drs said I never would again..now I can walk talk and work on GTs and tell ya how to fix your tv...LOL

• Alc, GTTinkerer, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#11 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:42 PM

Had my wife for 32 years,she is why I can walk and talk,Doctors said I never would again..now I can walk talk and work on GTs and tell ya how to fix your tv...LOL

I had a massive stroke September 21, 1993 . I was 24 years old. 7 Doctors told me that I would never walk again let a lone be able to live by my self. I told them they were crazy. Was in the hospital for 94 days doing intence physical therapy, then 1.5 years of out patient physical therapy, and constant nudging from my wife. It was and still is difficult to do a few things . I have very little use of my left arm and 50% usage in my left leg 50% of my vision is gone too. .......

my motto is I can do more with 1 hand than most can do with 2 that's why I drive a 4 wheeler for a living...no regrets and no worries!

Edited by rdehli, September 18, 2014 - 08:45 PM.

• olcowhand, Alc, GTTinkerer and 10 others have said thanks

#12 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:46 PM

I had a massive stroke September 21, 1993 . I was 24 years old. 7 Doctors told me that I would never walk again let a lone be able to live by my self. I told them they were crazy. Was in the hospital for 94 days doing intence physical therapy, then 1.5 years of out patient physical therapy, and constant nudging from my wife. It was and still is difficult to do a few things . I have very little use of my left arm and 50% usage in my left leg 50% of my vision is gone too. .......

my motto is I can do more with 1 hand than most can do with 2 that's why I drive a 4 wheeler for a living...no regrets and no worries!

I was 25 with my first one..

• GTTinkerer, hamman, tinbender7 and 1 other said thanks

#13 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,239 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 09:33 PM

Are you going to the wedding? :rolling:

Haha. I won't be on the guest list. But I do hope she has found the same happiness I have found. Aside from working away from home right now my life has never been better.

People talk about God being in control of our lives sometimes I do wish the road would of been a little smoother but it has beat me into the person I am today. I know I have plenty of pot holes to run through yet. But life is a journey and I'm in no hurry to complete it. I have a lot to do yet.
  • GTTinkerer, hamman, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#14 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,610 Thanks
  • 7,662 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 09:33 PM

Tonight sitting in my little work apartment thinking about life. I'm young by some of your standards. But I get into my thinking moods and just sit back and reflect on things at times.

I guess what got me thinking about life and how we go is my good friend from up north told me my ex wife had a wedding announcement in the paper. I don't care about that on an emotional level but it got me thinking.

It's strange the paths our lives take. I never imagined the things I'd experience, good and bad, and the joys and sorrows life would throw at me.

Every time we think we have it figured out our lives can go a completely different direction. Depending on what that direction is we think maybe we might never be happy again only to obtain greater happiness down the road.

I don't have a point to this post other than to maybe make anyone who reads this think that our lives and experiences good and bad shape who we are and that if things are rough now they can get better and enjoy every moment we have good and bad because it's all part of the experience. You can never give up or let things best you up. Just keep plodding forward and be the best person you can be.

I have figured out that most of my disappointments have come from having expectations. I get something in my head and when it doesn't come to pass, I'm all bummed out. Or, I tell myself life would be wonderful if I had a new tool (or another tractor). I struggle with wanting 'stuff'. What I try to achieve is living in the moment.

Not a real religious person,but someone/or something is watching out for me..I thank who ever it is..

Oh, com'on! You know who that someone is! Some people call Him Yahweh,     . . . or Allah. Maybe you call Him Howard. He's still the same guy.The main thing is, He knows who you are.

Edited by LilysDad, September 18, 2014 - 09:36 PM.

• GTTinkerer, hamman, JD DANNELS and 5 others have said thanks

#15 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 18, 2014 - 09:47 PM

Haha. I won't be on the guest list. But I do hope she has found the same happiness I have found. Aside from working away from home right now my life has never been better.
People talk about God being in control of our lives sometimes I do wish the road would of been a little smoother but it has beat me into the person I am today. I know I have plenty of pot holes to run through yet. But life is a journey and I'm in no hurry to complete it. I have a lot to do yet.

Given the choice most of us here would take the dirt road over a Paved one any day of the week.
  • GTTinkerer, hamman, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks