#1 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted September 17, 2014 - 07:53 PM

Okay, so my switch on my Sears shorted out tonight, i could actually see little sparking from under the hard card board cover. I have another one, but of course, I have no idea where it is. 

So, i found this switch off of a parts tractor, it is a generic switch of some sort. I am wondering if I can cut my big connector off, add me some hole connectors and get this thing working. 

Problem I have is I am not quit sure of markings on the back to match my other switch. 

Let me state, the factory switch is not working as marked. I DO NOT have the SSI module so the M is not a factor, my coil is fed off a toggle from battery. 

So do I just match the Ign and Battery of the stock one to the new one? 

What is the tall "ST" in the middle of black switch? Is that for the starter which matches the factory "S"? 

I doubt I will use the "ACC" side as I think it only functions when the switch is turned backwards. They key has 3 positions kind of just like an auto key. Off- power- start- then turn back for accessories. 

I figured the "G" on the factory one is setup as ground for the "M" since the factory switch grounds the SSI module to shut it down. I'm thinking this switch doesn't need a ground? 

Thanks in advance

switches.jpg

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted September 17, 2014 - 08:47 PM

Marty,
Since you aren't dealing with the SSI, you will be fine.
The markings you spec make sense, but I would test with a continuity checker...
You are correct on the no need for ground on the new switch.
  • Alc and TAHOE have said thanks

#3 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted September 17, 2014 - 08:54 PM

That's what I figured, thanks. 

This sat outside, hopefully it works. I checked the battery/ign poles in the "on" position, got like 2.0 ohms. Hard to push to start position and hold probes on too so shot in the dark and hope it starts.