4 replies to this topic

#1 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted September 17, 2014 - 05:50 PM

A while back and did an update on my 1107 with modified briggs 7hp. I been wanting to post about this but kept forgeting. During our july tractor show I decided to see what the panzer could do. So I chained it to my friends john deere A (5500-6000 pounds). He put the A in neutral and I tryed moving it in 3rd and broke traction right away. So I then put it in first and finally grabbed traction and moved the john deere about 40ft before I broke traction again and couldnt regain it. But never ran out of power. The panzer is stock wieght (700lbs + my 300lbs). It has ag tires and thats it. I was really surprised it even moved the A
  • Lmiller3358, tinbender7, LilysDad and 3 others have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 17, 2014 - 07:06 PM

I'm not surprised that you had enough HP to move it. Traction and gearing are what makes tractors work. It doesn't take much HP to move something like a JD A slowly on flat gound. If you wanted to pull it up hill at any sort of speed then it's a different story.

• GTTinkerer, superaben and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#3 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 03:51 AM

Surprising what a Panzer can do !!!  I had been storing my Panzer at my dads, hadn't used it in quite a while, the time came to clean the property , I had been using a Murray beater we had and was trying to pull a Bolens out of the brush when I blew the rear end in it,,the  next day I fired up my Panzer,,,hooked a chain to the Murray, and after a few yanks started to pull it from around the back of the  garage to the front to scrap it, I really never looked back, and much to my surprise I was still hooked to the Bolens  also, both rear ends locked up and the Bolens missing a front tire, was about a 200 foot pull, and a good laugh !!!

• Alc, panzersarebest, Savageman and 2 others have said thanks

#4 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 07:06 AM

Surprising what a Panzer can do !!!  I had been storing my Panzer at my dads, hadn't used it in quite a while, the time came to clean the property , I had been using a Murray beater we had and was trying to pull a Bolens out of the brush when I blew the rear end in it,,the  next day I fired up my Panzer,,,hooked a chain to the Murray, and after a few yanks started to pull it from around the back of the  garage to the front to scrap it, I really never looked back, and much to my surprise I was still hooked to the Bolens  also, both rear ends locked up and the Bolens missing a front tire, was about a 200 foot pull, and a good laugh !!!

Talk about a FULL PULL ........
  • Lmiller3358, panzersarebest, Savageman and 1 other said thanks

#5 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 01:06 PM

Talk about a FULL PULL ........

Still awaiting the judges decision for the trophy LOL !!!

• Coventry Plumber said thank you