#1 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,055 Thanks
  • 1,436 posts

Posted February 13, 2011 - 10:26 PM

As you guys know I've been restoring a Allis 716H with a 48" MMM 42" single stage snow blower 39" HD tiller 48" sickle mower and a 46" Hd dozer blade. I'am still not done with it but for some reason I've already gotten 3 offers to buy it.One of my neighbours was over the other day to borrow my table saw .He saw the tractor and the attachments and told me he'd buy it as soon as I'am ready to sell. My cousin who's been here a few times has done the same thing ,but today for some reason he called me to say he wants too buy it.I haven't called him back yet .Plus a few weeks ago my SIL said that his friend wants to buy it as well.What going on??I know there a good tractor but have never had this much interest before. Guess the old ones are still in demand. Once there all fixed to new condition they ,will outlast the new stuff.Larry

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,692 Thanks
  • 28,336 posts

Posted February 13, 2011 - 10:38 PM

Sounds like a "family & neighbors" auction is going to be held in Manitoba!
Only ways you can get out of stepping on some toes is to: sealed bid it, sell to someone else, or keep it forever. Good luck!

#3 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted February 13, 2011 - 11:23 PM

It might be that everything around here is so over-priced that they figure you're their best bet for a decent machine, Larry.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 14, 2011 - 05:28 AM

Sounds like a "family & neighbors" auction is going to be held in Manitoba!

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,244 Thanks
  • 29,698 posts

Posted February 17, 2011 - 08:14 PM

Never had so many after one at once, but had a frustrating time with a Case 446. I had just purchased the 446, along with the deck, rear tiller, and a partial parts 446 and just had pulled it into my driveway on the trailer when my friend pulled up. This Case had a blown engine & the parts engine was only good for parts, but he went gaga over it, so he talked me into selling it to him while still on my trailer.