• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • Member No: 35312
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted September 17, 2014 - 02:22 PM

Got the 145 all back together and started (pics coming soon) but am having some trouble with the Hydrostat.  It had a bit of "creep" to it so I adjusted it per the owners manual and got that fixed, but it still just seems tight and sticky.  What I mean is when I go in reverse, it does so real slowly, maybe a 1/2 mile an hour or so.  When I go forward, even in high range, it'll only do so at maybe 2 or 3 miles an hour.  There doesn't seem to be any real difference in speed between low or high either and it just altogether doesn't seem that responsive.   I drained the old transmission oil out when I rebuilt it and added new to the level the manual called for as well as put on a new filter.  Anyone had this kind of issue before and have a fix? 

#2 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted September 17, 2014 - 07:31 PM

Was this unit sitting for a long time ? If so it may have stuck relief valve or stuck cushion valve. Does the deck lift work correctly?
If it does then yyou will need to pull the hydro unit and dis assemble it to get to the valves. They must work smooth or your in for a bad time. It could have a direction actuator shaft issue too. It most likely will need to be pulled and inspected to verify it issues.
  • Alc and Firemang have said thanks

#3 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted September 17, 2014 - 09:11 PM

Uggh, dang just got it back together. Yeah it's been sitting for the better part of a year and half. Ok I will check the deck lift operation tomorrow morning before work.

#4 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 01:11 PM

So I fired the tractor back up this morning and let the hydro warm up for about 10 minutes.  I sprayed some penetrant on all the pivot points on the direction actuator and on the cross shaft that the pedals are attached to.  That really seamed to help, it got up and went a lot faster in forward.  Still seems pretty sluggish in reverse and it almost seems as if the reverse pedal itself is bottoming out against the floorboard and limiting the travel.  I might have to build a taller pedal.  The deck lift cylinder worked normally and was very responsive.

#5 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 03:10 AM

Do you have the correct rubber isolation mounts on the fender pan ? If not it will hinder the pedal. And I made a longer and slightly wider one for my 165. It too was like that. Now its as fast reversing as forward as it should be. Keep running it as it may fix it self.
  • Alc said thank you

#6 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 07:39 PM

Yeah I probably didn't use the right ones, I found some at the hardware store that had 1" bumpers with 3/4" tall studs on either side, was the closest I could find out there.

#7 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 03:12 AM

The 4 rear isolators are 1" tall x1" diameter and the 4 fronts are 3/4" tall x 1" or 3/4" diameter .