Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Got A "new" Tractor! B-112 With L112 Loader Attachment (W/ Pics)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 08:13 AM

Nice looking 112's.

I just picked one up this morning and am here searching for information on them.

Mine is blue in color and the paint looks like it is original.  Did these come in blue? 

I see the Allis Chalmers logo on the FEL lift arm but it looks nearly identical to the Workhorse Model 10 FEL I have on my Workhorse tractor.  I would love to see a pic of how the hydraulic pump mounts to the tractor.  I may want to swap the FEL to this tractor at some point or to the 416H I picked up last month.

Anyone have an idea if the spindles on this are the same size as the earlier Landlord series?  I have two 101's and a 2010 that I bought the parts to do the "poor man's power steering" upgrade on them and would like to do the same to the HB112.

Nice tractors.

They never came in blue, and AC never used Johnson loaders for their GT's.  

I would use the 416H as a loader tractor.  Hydro's are so much nicer to run a loader with...if you're lucky, your loader controls are on the left, if not, you will get the hang of having your hands in 3 places at once.  The 416 also has a much more robust front axle and steering setup.  They use a more common and HD Ross steering box vs the lighter gears of a Simplicity mfg steering.  Thrust bearings on the spindles is a must.  It's cheap and easy to do, and if nothing else, helps prevent wear.

This is the pump setup on the later style Simplicity (Henry) loaders.

DSCN0155.jpg

There's a boat load of pics in this post here, showing the OEM subframe and front mount setup.

http://www.michaelst...p?TOPIC_ID=7356

• ACB112Guy said thank you

#17 farmtoybuilder OFFLINE  

farmtoybuilder

• Member No: 4850
  • 12 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 08:18 AM

Great find! Don't see too many loaders around here. We never sold any with a loader. I would like to have one on a hydro 112 or 212 we have.
  • ACB112Guy said thank you

#18 the_nite_owl OFFLINE  

the_nite_owl
  • Member No: 62321
  • 6 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 11:39 AM

They never came in blue, and AC never used Johnson loaders for their GT's.  

I would use the 416H as a loader tractor.  Hydro's are so much nicer to run a loader with...if you're lucky, your loader controls are on the left, if not, you will get the hang of having your hands in 3 places at once.  The 416 also has a much more robust front axle and steering setup.  They use a more common and HD Ross steering box vs the lighter gears of a Simplicity mfg steering.  Thrust bearings on the spindles is a must.  It's cheap and easy to do, and if nothing else, helps prevent wear.

This is the pump setup on the later style Simplicity (Henry) loaders.

DSCN0155.jpg

There's a boat load of pics in this post here, showing the OEM subframe and front mount setup.

http://www.michaelst...p?TOPIC_ID=7356

Thanks for the info. 

My loader will probably stay on the Wheelhorse for now.  Just considering my options if the engine ever goes.  It is right hand control but I modified my Wheelhorse to have foot pedal controls to make things easier.  Going off topic though so back to the B112.  :)

I read that the front end on the B112 is heavier duty than on the landlord so I suspect the spindle size will be different.  I will have to measure and see if what I have will work or if I need new bearings and washers for the B112.

I just got her yesterday so have had no time to tinker.  The subject of the steering upgrade came up though so I thought I would chip in.  If I find different hardware is required I will post back.  Not sure when I will be able to get to it though.

Guess I will have to consider repainting this blue beast.  I like the looks of the AC Yellow far more anyway.

#19 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 12:02 PM

The LL and 112 have identical axle and spindle setups, use the same tapered wheel bearings and only differ if oem front tire size.