5 replies to this topic

#1 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted February 13, 2011 - 07:22 PM

Does anyone know of any free downloadable bill of sale farm tractor forms online? Looking at buying a tractor with cash but need to have something for my tax records when i go to write this thing off next year! Thanks Luke

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted February 13, 2011 - 11:06 PM

Are you going for tax exemption status on this purchase? If so, better talk to whoever does you taxes... if that's you, then a little leg work may be in order.

I did find this form for Bill of sale. It is a generic vehicle sale form, private owner. http://img.docstoccd...ig/39223023.png

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 14, 2011 - 05:28 AM

I have made up bill of sales in a text editor or word. You mainly want the buyer and seller names and addresses along with the sale amount and the buyer and seller signatures. If you don't have any luck let me know and I can make up a generic form for you.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 11:54 PM

Yeah, this tractor is a 180 horsepower tractor and will solely be used on the farm, so I know it qualifys as being tax exempt. Thanks for locating me the one generic form but I was hoping for something more specific to a farm tractor. If I could pay by check(more documentation then cash sale) it would be easier but the gentleman wants cash and its 5 hrs away from me (one way) so when I go look at it if its a keeper its coming back home with me then and there.......no time to let the check clear the bank! Just want the bill of sale to cover my a$$ and make the tax man happy if I get audited! So if anyone knows of a bill of sale specific for farm equipment/tractors I'd appreciate you filling me in on where to find it! Thanks all! Luke

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 17, 2011 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, this tractor is a 180 horsepower tractor and will solely be used on the farm, so I know it qualifys as being tax exempt. Thanks for locating me the one generic form but I was hoping for something more specific to a farm tractor. If I could pay by check(more documentation then cash sale) it would be easier but the gentleman wants cash and its 5 hrs away from me (one way) so when I go look at it if its a keeper its coming back home with me then and there.......no time to let the check clear the bank! Just want the bill of sale to cover my a$$ and make the tax man happy if I get audited! So if anyone knows of a bill of sale specific for farm equipment/tractors I'd appreciate you filling me in on where to find it! Thanks all! Luke

I made one up real quick in Word. Let me know if it will work for you. I am going to attach it to this post.

Attached Files

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted February 21, 2011 - 11:38 PM

NUTNDUN! Thanks a bunch for your time invested on that form! That will work great for me! I owe ya a beer! Luke