• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,039 Thanks
  • 775 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 03:31 AM

IMG_1345.JPG IMG_1344.JPG IMG_1347.JPG I can't for the life of me figure this out,can anyone out there tell me how to wire this correctly? It doesn't seem to go with any of the electrical diagrams that  are in the manuals section, for one there is no key.just a push button,and the generator-starter,works at spinning the engine,but I don't know how to wire it to get a return charge,the nights are getting longer again and lights on the panzer would be big help.

• panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#2 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 09:11 AM

Top one looks to be your set up.15hzmuq.png

Edited by Auburn, September 15, 2014 - 09:13 AM.

• DougT, karl and Savageman have said thanks

#3 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 09:36 AM

with no key how do you shut this machine down?

#4 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • 1,039 Thanks
  • 775 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 12:38 PM

cut the gas at the throddle

• Auburn David said thank you

#5 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 04:54 PM

You're not giving us much to go on. What model tractor is it and what engine is in it?  The lower drawing supplied above is correct if you're using a Panzer with BATTERY/coil ignition, like a T-707es. If it's a T-758, it has magneto ignition and uses a different key switch and wiring. Since you don't have a key switch, you should be able to shut the motor off by pushing the button on the point cover if it has one. I'm assuming you have a Kohler engine? Lights should be connected to the "L" terminal on the voltage regulator.

AL

• panzersarebest and karl have said thanks

#6 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • 1,039 Thanks
  • 775 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 07:29 PM

its a t-70es with a briggs and Stratton engine and its stock,so would the lights still connect to the "L" terminal? also what type of battery should I use? as in amps.

• panzersarebest said thank you

#7 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 08:37 PM

its a t-70es with a briggs and Stratton engine and its stock,so would the lights still connect to the "L" terminal? also what type of battery should I use? as in amps.

Yep - connect the lights to the "L" terminal. I use the Sears Die Hard Gold for the Panzer with the snowthrower attached because it stays outside all winter. I also keep a battery tender hooked up to it all winter. The regular Die Hard or equivalent will work just fine too. Not sure what the amp rating is off the top of my head.

Also, make sure the battery terminals are in the right configuration when you buy the battery. The terminals should be positioned toward the fender with the + terminal toward the front of the tractor and the - toward the rear.

• karl said thank you