#16 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 02:09 PM

You will still need the gasket for the elbow and the carb to intake(I always make my own)

• alec said thank you

#17 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 02:11 PM

the screw on the side is for low Idle mixture,and the screw on top is for high mixture.

• Alc and alec have said thanks

#18 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 02:19 PM

thanks man !

• Auburn David said thank you

#19 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,661 Thanks
  • 7,682 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 03:14 PM

As dirty as it is, I would suggest soaking the carb in a bucket of carb dip cleaner. Spraying cleaner around here and there doesn't really do it.

• alec said thank you

#20 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 04:00 PM

I bought a gallon of carb soak cleaner with a basket in it from NAPA. It isn't as strong as the old stuff I used 30-40 years ago, but it works!

• alec said thank you

#21 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 05:39 PM

As dirty as it is, I would suggest soaking the carb in a bucket of carb dip cleaner. Spraying cleaner around here and there doesn't really do it.

I had good luck with the b212 and the 7117 ( with a sovereign transplant ) when I drained the gas out of the lines and needle seat . I figured this one would do the same as my pushmower so I was looking for the little hole in the bottom bowl nut ( couldnt find one  ) and the cup gasket is crappy . so I will go ahead and drain and clean the tank and lines ,change the filter and soak the carb and do the basic rebuild . how does a guy flush the fuel pump ?

#22 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 05:42 PM

I bought a gallon of carb soak cleaner with a basket in it from NAPA. It isn't as strong as the old stuff I used 30-40 years ago, but it works!

nothing is as good as the old stuff .....its really a shame I had to start making my own laundry soap because the new stuff is crap . :offtopic: (it works great )

#23 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 08:48 PM

If you have a k301 and it is running great until up above half throttle, where it begins surging, then do me a favor. Look in the bore of the carb for a number, it should be 26, and if you have a 30, it will perform as you are experiencing. Trust me, just made this mistake recently.
  • alec said thank you

#24 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 08:53 PM

If you have a k301 and it is running great until up above half throttle, where it begins surging, then do me a favor. Look in the bore of the carb for a number, it should be 26, and if you have a 30, it will perform as you are experiencing. Trust me, just made this mistake recently.

I will check tomorrow when I get to the farm . would I need to replace the carb or what ? ( if it was a 30 ) or is there a fix ?

#25 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 08:58 PM

The only fix is to replace with a 26 carb. The 30 has so much air flow capability that can not be overcome in the smaller engine. The 30 is designed for 14 to 16 hp. I know that sounds close enough, but believe me, it is not. The bore diameter is in millimeters and a 26 carb is roughly 26 mm or 1 inch, and a 30 carb is 30 mm, a lot bigger bore, but the outside dimensions are the same as the 26.
  • alec said thank you

#26 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 09:01 PM

Oh, if you need help getting a 26 carb together let me know, I have some parts I have been mixing and matching because someone took the plates out.... Of around 4 carbs...

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, September 14, 2014 - 09:01 PM.

• alec said thank you

#27 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 09:46 PM

Oh, if you need help getting a 26 carb together let me know, I have some parts I have been mixing and matching because someone took the plates out.... Of around 4 carbs...

I will know tomorrow and will get back to you . how much for a 26? and what plates are we talking about ? just curious

#28 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 10:09 PM

Throttle and choke plates were removed so thse shafts woud come out.... And I dunno why he did that, but I didn't know that since it was sight unseen. Oh, he also kept the flats out of them.... I might try to get some small screws, reinstall the plates, and smash the screws to keep them in. I would not charge three arms or one leg. I would sell for around 30 dollars, with no float or gaskets, so you would need the basic kit still, but you can use your old float, needle, and gaskets if you want. I did that last week and it was ok.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, September 14, 2014 - 10:09 PM.

• alec said thank you

#29 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 11:00 PM

Throttle and choke plates were removed so thse shafts woud come out.... And I dunno why he did that, but I didn't know that since it was sight unseen. Oh, he also kept the flats out of them.... I might try to get some small screws, reinstall the plates, and smash the screws to keep them in. I would not charge three arms or one leg. I would sell for around 30 dollars, with no float or gaskets, so you would need the basic kit still, but you can use your old float, needle, and gaskets if you want. I did that last week and it was ok.

thanks I will keep in touch . will find out tomorrow

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#30 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 07:19 PM

checked the carb ,it is a 26 so I ordered a kit and will soak it tommorow and put it together the next day ,

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you