#1 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,275 Thanks
  • 1,770 posts

Posted September 13, 2014 - 07:26 PM

I acquired a piece of Jacobsen advertising that says about a 14hp super chief with manual lift. It also has an aerial view of their whole line-up and you can easily see the lift lever. Also on the piece is a 36" steel deck. Only thing is all the tractors have 3 spoke steering wheels which means its from 1969 at the oldest. I thought they got rid of the 36" deck in 1966. Any explanations to either oddity?

#2 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • 1,275 Thanks
  • 1,770 posts

Posted December 03, 2014 - 08:36 PM

How hard is it to fond a manual lift 1450? Thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted December 04, 2014 - 06:44 AM

My 1450 HAD an electric lift. Now none at all! The manual lift set up should be the same as used on most tractors of that time period. Here's mine!

Image014.jpg

• VintageIronCollector said thank you

#4 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • Member No: 40
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 09:44 PM

Most tractors I see have a 42 inch deck but I am pretty sure they were using the 36 at least until they discontinued the 8hp garden tractor. I've concluded that Jacobsen did lots of things without any apparent reason or explanation. I've never heard of a 14hp without electric lift until now. Maybe they ran short of the electric lifts and decided not to order any more from the supplier, and chose instead to use up the some of the manual lift parts since they were redesigning the lineup. Who knows? I do know that photos are doctored in a lot of old literature to make an older photo look like a current model or of a different make. Can you show the ad you have?

#5 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • 1,275 Thanks
  • 1,770 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 10:42 PM

Most tractors I see have a 42 inch deck but I am pretty sure they were using the 36 at least until they discontinued the 8hp garden tractor. I've concluded that Jacobsen did lots of things without any apparent reason or explanation. I've never heard of a 14hp without electric lift until now. Maybe they ran short of the electric lifts and decided not to order any more from the supplier, and chose instead to use up the some of the manual lift parts since they were redesigning the lineup. Who knows? I do know that photos are doctored in a lot of old literature to make an older photo look like a current model or of a different make. Can you show the ad you have?

I will try to find it and scan it sometime.
  • KennyP said thank you