• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 10:31 PM

The link on the carb looks to be in the wrong hole. I believe out goes in the upper hole. If it's in the wrong hole it should reverse the butterfly. I think. I'll have to look at my HT20 tomorrow. I just had my carb off a few days ago

#17 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 10:34 PM

Also... I keep thinking there is a spring on the governor side? I can't remember. Starting to think I have a memory problem lol
  • KennyP said thank you

#18 Bud W ONLINE  

Bud W

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2359
  • 228 Thanks
  • 217 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 02:22 PM

The throttle and choke cables lay in the 2 recesses below the ignition coil and each has a clamp to hold it's cable after adjustment.

#19 TokyoDrift99 OFFLINE  

TokyoDrift99
  • Member No: 59603
  • 80 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 04:07 PM

Alright thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. This is what I have.... when I pull the throttle to slow it pulls the carb wide open, and when I push the cable to fast it closes the throttle butterfly completely. Is this normal? Also I need a whole new tie rod and ball joints. Both my joints are shot and there is no chance getting the ball joints off the old tie tod, they are rusted solid on there. Anybody know where I can get one? I can't find one on the internet.

#20 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,203 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 04:10 PM

Alright thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. This is what I have.... when I pull the throttle to slow it pulls the carb wide open, and when I push the cable to fast it closes the throttle butterfly completely. Is this normal? Also I need a whole new tie rod and ball joints. Both my joints are shot and there is no chance getting the ball joints off the old tie tod, they are rusted solid on there. Anybody know where I can get one? I can't find one on the internet.

I have the ball joints in stock if needed, cant help on a tie rod......

#21 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 06:47 PM

... when I pull the throttle to slow it pulls the carb wide open, and when I push the cable to fast it closes the throttle butterfly completely. Is this normal?

No. That is the opposite of what it should do.
McMaster Carr sells tie rod ends.

Joe

#22 TokyoDrift99 OFFLINE  

TokyoDrift99
  • Member No: 59603
  • 80 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:48 PM

Alright guys, I think the problem is the carter model n carb. It has way to much play in the throttle shaft, and the governor over compensates causing the engine to severely over rev. Can somebody post a picture of what the carb looks like with the cable set all the way to fast and all the way to slow? Just so I know i have it all hooked up right. If I cant figure this out it is going off to the small engine shop... I need this tractor running before the snow hits.