• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 09:08 AM

No need to justify I.M.O., life is too short to go without what speaks to you, lol. Very nice looking unit.

• sacsr said thank you

#17 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 02:13 PM

Very nice! Great score on a great tractor.  If you need muffler ideas.............................homeopen.jpg

• sacsr and Talntedmrgreen have said thanks

#18 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 04, 2014 - 08:07 AM

Got it home last night- no fire as expected- but not sure if this is original or not. Is this a Nova setup?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412428013.692172.jpg

#19 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 05, 2014 - 09:05 AM

I decided to take the extras pieces off and go back to just points and condenser. I am not sure where these three wires attach- I know at least 1 attaches with the condenser wire-any help would be appreciatedImageUploadedByTapatalk1412517902.750358.jpg
  • Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#20 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 07:37 AM

I believe the white wire and wire with loop go to the insulator that is typically bolted to the points cover.  You may have to make one, or connect the wires and tape them up so they won't ground.  The black wire with bare end goes to your condenser.

I use 600 grit for painting work ,and tear off a piece the size of a quarter, fold in half with the grit side out.  I turn the engine by hand until the points open and put the paper between, then turn to close the points on it.  I tug up and down lightly sanding the points...it's black paper and usually gets a chalky look to it, and I get my spark back.  If there's no spark, replace the condenser.

That Nova should work if wired up correctly, and gives great spark.  You can yank the points/condenser right out, and put the Nova inside the points cover to hide it, but it needs to be grounded.

I got to thinking about that tractor...what a neat machine!  I don't think I was a ware of a T-10H.  The pairing of a 10 horse and hydro is uncommon on the Simplicity/AC side of the fence.  Simplicity offered a 3310H for a year or so, but I've been told it was an under-powered pairing.  In the literature I have, I believe there is a Shuttle and 6 speed options for the T-10, but not a hydro.  Very cool!

• sacsr and Cat385B have said thanks

#21 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 07:42 AM

That sure looks like a nice tractor Scott. Hope you get it running easily. Sure will look out of place in the heard of hogs :dancingbanana:  :D

The Allis my dad had was the best mowing machine I have ever used, even better than the expensive zero turns we have at church.

• sacsr said thank you

#22 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 09:54 AM

I think I would take my wife on a 'vacation' to NC to pick that thing up, if the mood ever struck you to rid yourself of it.  I wouldn't try to convince you to though...they are sweet little GT's.  =]

• sacsr said thank you

#23 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 10:01 AM

Thanks for all the info. "A blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while"- had no idea about this Homelite except I wanted one and it was close. Pretty cool to find out its not a common one! If I decide to sell will contact you first. I appreciate your knowledge on these tractors, and your willingness to share the info.

Edited by sacsr, October 08, 2014 - 02:28 PM.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#24 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 08:52 PM

No prob...lemme know if you have any other issues. The Briggs single/Vickers Hydro is my favorite combo. Any signs of that tranny leaking? They were prone to it '69-71 or so, but most after that survive better. They added a bushing to reduce pintle shaft wear. Many were replaced with bushed pumps at one point or another...the leakers can be messy.
  • sacsr said thank you

#25 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 09:07 PM

Not sure about the leaking....will have to check...now have spark but poured a little gas in the sparkplug hole but did not fire.......spark may be too weak. I have the carburetor cleaning...and pulled the tank off to drain and clean it.......maybe by tomorrow evening, I can get a chance to see if I can get it running. thanks

• olcowhand said thank you

#26 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted October 08, 2014 - 10:19 AM

Nice looking T-10 you got there. Allis Chalmers built and built like a tank. I have my dads old T-16 H and it mows great. Yours looks just like cats old one and mine. If you get spark and have good fuel flow it will be real easy to start. I find that if the battery is up it it usually starts on or about the second turn. Follow Talentedmrgreens information and it should start right up. I recently saw a T-10 listed for $450.00. I think you got a great deal on it. Good luck let us know how it sounds.                                                                                                         Roger.

• sacsr said thank you

#27 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 08:56 PM

New points and condenser, carburetor rebuilt, replaced the starter generator with one I had on the shelf and she finally fired up. Carb is still leaking.......and it runs okay.....flipped the switch on for the electric PTO and the deck came to life......still will need some fine tuning. What battery came in this tractor? Trying to figure out how it was held in its place.
  • hamman said thank you

#28 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 08:08 AM

Have used it to mulch the leaves several times now. Cranks every time- now since it may be fairly rare, I need to make more space in one of the sheds. Still having some leaking issues around the main jet. Love the sound of the Briggs on this one!

Edited by sacsr, November 28, 2014 - 01:15 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#29 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,705 Thanks
  • 8,895 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 09:14 AM

What battery came in this tractor? Trying to figure out how it was held in its place.

Mine had a similar piece of plywood cut and stuffed in there. Mine was bungeed down.

gen belt 001.jpg

• sacsr said thank you

#30 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 11:05 AM

Awesome tractor you got there
  • sacsr said thank you