• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:43 PM

So snow season is around the corner yet again and this has me thinking about the pros and cons of a large frame 2-stage snow blower for my 1886. I live on a corner and the city burys me with about a 5" wide berm of wet snow. Last year with the single stage blowers it really pushed the limits of my machines.

I currently have 3 Tube frame snow throwers. a 48" thrower for the large frame. hydro angle blade and tube frame blow. i would really like to down size my snow clearing equipment to just large frame attachments and im not sure if it's worth the hassle.

#2 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,205 Thanks
  • 5,216 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 10:54 PM

What is the large frame that you have? The 2-Stage only works on the 1886 and bigger tractors.  I really think there over kill on the tractor hard on the frame and front end with it being around 500 pounds. 

#3 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 08:13 AM

What is the large frame that you have? The 2-Stage only works on the 1886 and bigger tractors.  I really think there over kill on the tractor hard on the frame and front end with it being around 500 pounds. 

I have an 1886 that could run the 2-stage blower. If i didn't live on this corner i wouldn't even look into one but when the plow truck rounds the corner the wing just kills me with wet heavy snow. Also i have only seen 2 forsale in my area and incomplete missing the spring assist they wanted a grand plus and people bought them. Rick has this one on ebay and i'm wondering if i should get one now while i can at a decent price. I paid the same for my single stage snow caster cause in area large frame attachments are not easy to find.

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

#4 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,352 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 08:43 AM

The one I have on there is pretty decent,no spring asst kit,but those are pretty easy to make up,they will blow some snow for sure,but as Jerome says they are heavy,I need the room so it has to go