• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted February 12, 2011 - 08:10 AM

For those that use internet explorer and are on either Vista or 7 for their operating system, internet explorer 9 is available for beta/release candidate. I don't ever use IE, mainly because of all of the security flaws in it and it has never displayed web pages like they should. I did download the beta and tried it, it almost looks like they took firefox and put their name on it even though that isn't what they did.

It does seem to be pretty fast considering the older versions of ie. The bad thing is you can only get it if you are on vista or newer operating system which is a joke. It has always been a problem coding sites to work across all of the various browsers that are available but there are a lot of companies using windows xp operating system as well as homeowners. I think it is around 60% + that are still on XP. All they are going to do by not allowing XP users to use ie9 is more trouble for website owners to have to keep code standards working across even another browser as well as the old ones. There are still a lot of XP users on internet explorer 6.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,661 Thanks
  • 28,314 posts

Posted February 12, 2011 - 11:58 PM

Yet another reason to find alternatives to M$... I try to stay away from Microsoft anytime they come out with a BETA, made that mistake once, not again. Lost a lot of stuff.

#3 awol OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1576
  • 77 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted February 13, 2011 - 12:09 PM

If you plan on uploading videos to Youtube you will have some problems if you install explorer 9, I had to uninstall explorer 9 and go back to 8.