• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bus driver OFFLINE  

bus driver
  • Member No: 57324
  • 3 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 04:51 PM

I went to a sale today and my wife ended up buying a OLD power sye called a Hoffco Scythette.i know it was made in Richmond,Indiana. It has 4 attachments that were offered.I also know its a 2cycle.What i need to know is (1) where to ask questions about this-on here or another site?(2) where do i get parts?(3) is this something covered on this site,or should i look someplace else? Thank you for any help. I don't have pics yet.I have not learned how to post them yet.Im not sure what we are going to do with this thing.I would like to find out more information and then decide.Thank you Rick

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 05:06 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a cool item you have there. Pic help is in the link in my signature(bottom of this post).

#3 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,722 Thanks
  • 4,282 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:50 PM

I don't have a lot of info on them but I know they used a West Bend engine. I would think parts are going to be a good luck thing but you never know. What do you need for it? What attachment does yours have?

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:06 PM

Rick, as far as parts go, let some of the site supporters (like me) take a shot at it and see what we can do.  Doug is right, it will be a hit and miss thing.

http://vintagechains...paul-klomp.html

Ben W.

• KennyP said thank you

#5 bus driver OFFLINE  

bus driver
  • Member No: 57324
  • 3 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 09:36 PM

my wife just bought the thing today.I would think i would at least need some tuneup parts--plug-carb kit/parts-fuel line, to start with.The fuel in the tank smells like hot tar!!!! that can't be good.I will try and look at it before the end of the month and let you know what i need.This is a busy time of the year and i don't move as fast as i use to.I will get back to u when i know what i need.There is what i would call a brush blade on it.looks like it would chop down 2-3" brush. Thanks, Rick