Garden Tractor Forums banner

haban sickle bar for tube frame

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  NUTNDUN 
#1 ·
Wood Gas Fixture Wood stain Hardwood

found this sickle bar. now its 100 miles away from my house. he says he will sell it to me and deliver for 450. it sounds a bit high but looks to be a nice machine and ive been looking for one for a while. should i get go for it?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
so if he does deliver it get it?

#5 ·
If I read your post right he will deliver it for $450 for the mower and delivery? If so I would go for it. You definitely don't see them that often. Dad just got one this past summer for his Bolens and we drove a little over 2 hours to get it one way and if I am not mistaken he paid around $350 for it. Let me see if I have the pics still in my upload. I found them and attached them to my post.

We never had it totally hooked up, at least not the belt. It definitely makes it tougher to get on and off the trailer due to it hanging really low.

Attachments

#9 ·
I drive over there and get it if I was you.
I just went 200 miles both ways to get another Power ho.

#10 ·
he is droping it off tomarrow. thanks guys

#13 ·
I have a Haban that looks just like the one in post #1 in this thread but I never could figure out what it fit. There is a very good Yahoo group for Habans that lists model #s and what they fit but my model # is not listed. I figured with the shaft drive headed forward it was for a Bolens, I just could not confirm. Haban made a bunch of different models to fit virtually any tractor. One slightly different bracket made for a different model or series number. Mine is the model 412 and series J.
:bash:

#14 ·
i wish i could help but i dont know much about the sickles. thank again guys

#17 ·
well i had to go to pa to get a allis chalmers b for a friend of mine im restoreing his dad ac b so we needed a parts tractor so i was only 25 miles from the sickle bar so we worked out a better price and i picked it up. im glad i did cuz he had it sitting there with no drive shaft an i asked him where it was an he says what 1? so he goes in his shop an gets 3 different kinds 2 deck shafts an the sickle shaft. so if he would have brought it to me he would have never thought about the shaft. will post some pics later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.