• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 08:10 AM

I was expecting some tractor parts yesterday. Our deliveries are normally around 5 to 6 in the evening. I was stripping some paint off of some wheels & kind of hanging around to intercept the package & put it in the garage sight unseen if you know what I mean. :D Around 5:15 I went on the porch & sit until 6:30. During this time I kept checking my phone for delivery updates from UPS still in transit, still in transit, etc. At 6:35 I check my phone again & guess what it said. I copied this exactly from my delivery status.

Cincinnati, OH, United States 09/04/2014 5:58 P.M. The receiver was not available at the time of the first delivery attempt. A second attempt will be made.

:tapping_fingers:

In case your wondering I never dosed off one moment. Hopefully today I'll have some good news. What is so strange I know the delivery guy & he never asks for an ID or anything he just puts our stuff in the side entry & leaves. I'm thinking new person, got behind, & wanted to get home for the day. I know for a fact this happens with USP.

• MH81, GTTinkerer, bgkid2966 and 3 others have said thanks

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 08:46 AM

I had a situation similar to this with FedEx a few years ago.  I was expecting a package and got a notification that they couldn't find my place.  Now they deliver to my next door neighbor just about daily and you can't hardly see his house from the road.  So I get a call asking where I am and I gave him whatever I could to help him find me.  Meanwhile, I'm watching his truck go back and forth in front of my place!  I get a second call and he says he just can't find the place.  I told him I watched him go past my place several times and even deliver to my neighbor the day before.  He finally got it but, wow, I couldn't believe what had just happened.

• GTTinkerer, tinbender7 and Sawdust have said thanks

#3 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 09:24 AM

Sounds like You got the dreaded " substitute driver"
My postman took a day off and my package got delivered to a nearby business!
When the regular guy came back he was able to chase it down for me!

Joe
  • Sawdust said thank you

#4 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 09:40 AM

I have to deal with that same stuff here at work, I send out all of our small packages for the company. Seems it never fails when the regular driver is off, my packaes are sitting there the next morning never gotten picked up. They either didn't come to right place or the got there earlier than the agreed pickup times.

Hopefully they arrive today.

• Sawdust said thank you

#5 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 7,655 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 11:30 AM

I've had issues with UPS; no one's perfect. But their insurance company really jerks my shorts!!!

• GTTinkerer and Sawdust have said thanks

#6 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 11:31 AM

i had a package go missing last week while they were handling it and still no word of where it is

• Sawdust said thank you

#7 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 12:22 PM

I had a package a few years ago show up back at our door, almost 2 months from when I sent it. Seems company had moved and it was another company that accepted it. After the realized it wasn't theirs, the y made UPS pick it back up. When I finally got it back, box was literally ran over, tires tracks on the box, and I had samples missing. We ate the costs on that one.

They worst is sending to Russia or the surrounding countries....if they will even accept them now.

• LilysDad and Sawdust have said thanks

#8 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 03:47 PM

I never had problems with ups but fed ex i hate the tracking is horrible

• Sawdust said thank you

#9 cootertom ONLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 717 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 04:28 PM

UPS put 2000 business cards on the front steps and drove off and left them and it raining. 10 more steps and they would have been in the dry. UPS would not pay for them either. I always try and use USPS as they have never messed me up on either end.
  • Sawdust said thank you

#10 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 04:33 PM

Up in this part of the country many times when buying from eBay or Sears and Cub Cadet's online stores the package will only be a day or so away by UPS but apparently the cheapest way to send it is to have UPS pick up the package, get it to a central location and then turn it over to the USPS dis-service for delivery to my address.  So instead of a two day delivery it becomes a five to seven business day ordeal.

• Sawdust said thank you

#11 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 09:29 AM

Well exactly at 5:58 again yesterday my package arrived, new guy, walking around wondering where to put it, & a map of my location written on top of the box in pen. I have packages delivered all the time but some I worry about because of the expense of the item or knowing the company logo will be on the box making it more intriguing to a thief. I know everyone likes pics, nothing spectacular but this is what I got.

The smell of fresh tire aroma filled the air when I opened the box. A pair of Carlisle 16 x 6.50 x 8 4 ply Turf Saver

Tires1.jpg

• MH81, GTTinkerer, bgkid2966 and 2 others have said thanks