• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mh44d OFFLINE  

mh44d
  • Member No: 10625
  • 16 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'm looking for a new fan and yoke that goes at hydro end of drive shaft on a mf 14 or 16 garden tractor.Part # for fan is 530137m91.Part # for yoke is 1041196m1.Both are obsolete from agco.If I cold find a good used fan on a good used complete drive shaft,It would be just as good for me.

#2 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 05:15 PM

is this the yoke? https://www.surplusc...LING-1-2985.axd

• mh44d said thank you

#3 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 05:17 PM

Here is where I got the info http://www.mytractor...p/t-206948.html

• mh44d said thank you

#4 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 05:21 PM

http://www.ssbtracto...t-coupling.html

• mh44d said thank you

#5 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 03:57 AM

Depending on what task you are performing, your hydro can usually live without the fan. There are no cooling fins on a Sundstrand, cast iron, inline type hydro for the extra breeze to have a great deal of effect.

Acceptable operating temperatures are up to 180° F (83° C). If it ever gets up to 194° F (90° C), consider installing an oil cooler.

I never had a heat problem in 1000 hours over a 10 year period without the fan on my MF1655, but I don't draw a bottom plow. Most of my tasks are FEL related, including several hours at a time in 85°F (32° C) temperatures while excavating my driveway.

#6 pianotuner OFFLINE  

pianotuner

• Member No: 7799
  • 55 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:52 AM

Hmm.....We set the house a/c at 79,  Temp was 95 yesterday till Canada invaded and it fell to 62 during the day.

Back to the subject, your post is right on for the location of the person asking the question. 

Does a/c in Canadian motels out west still mean "the windows open"?  My parents saw that in the 70s.

#7 mh44d OFFLINE  

mh44d
  • 16 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 01:24 PM

Depending on what task you are performing, your hydro can usually live without the fan. There are no cooling fins on a Sundstrand, cast iron, inline type hydro for the extra breeze to have a great deal of effect.

Acceptable operating temperatures are up to 180° F (83° C). If it ever gets up to 194° F (90° C), consider installing an oil cooler.

I never had a heat problem in 1000 hours over a 10 year period without the fan on my MF1655, but I don't draw a bottom plow. Most of my tasks are FEL related, including several hours at a time in 85°F (32° C) temperatures while excavating my driveway.

Thanks for the input. Some times we pull it at gt pulls, might plow with it a bit someday. We mostly use it for mowing lawns though, no more than 3 or 4 hours at a time. We are very happy on it's performance, plan on using it for a long time, just trying to keep it up to spec. Fan is missing one blade now, still seems to put up a decent wind. Yoke and shaft are both worn some, so yoke has a good amount of play on spline. I'm not really worried about yoke or shaft stripping anytime soon, I just thought a new yoke would help take up a bit of the play between yoke and spline. A new fan with all blades on it would certainly work better than one missing a blade. I don't notice any added vibration to shaft since I broke blade off of fan, but I'm sure that it would have to add more vibration. I left fan in place thinking it is doing more good in a cooling capacity than harm in added vibration wearing yoke and shaft out quicker. Thanks again for your experience ,MH44D.

#8 mh44d OFFLINE  

mh44d
  • 16 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 01:33 PM

It looks like the right yoke. I would have to get back to it, measure shaft and count splines. Just from memory I would guess it to be 3/4" or 1" shaft and 11 spline looks about right. I'll try to get back to you on that this winter when we strip her down to paint it. Thanks for your help MH44D.

• Auburn David said thank you

#9 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 02:18 PM

you can always do like my friend suggested and put a 12v fan on it out of a car at the junkyard,some of those fans are small and compact.

• mh44d said thank you

#10 mh44d OFFLINE  

mh44d
  • 16 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 02:29 PM

you can always do like my friend suggested and put a 12v fan on it out of a car at the junkyard,some of those fans are small and compact.

Yes, if I'm not able locate a useable drive shaft fan, I wouldn't rule this option out.  Thanks again for the help MH44D. 

• Auburn David said thank you

#11 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 02:35 PM

You welcome!!!wish you the best of luck,keep us updated!

#12 VICHARRIS OFFLINE  

VICHARRIS

• Member No: 1381
  • 50 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 06:09 PM

I have built an aluminium fan blade set-up. That is part of the drive shaft couping, to the hydraulic pump assembly. It uses a off the shelve purchased electric motor fan blade.  The fan blades are trimmed back, to clear the hydraulic lines. And is attrached to the coupling. Works nice. If interested pictures are as follows

.DSCF0029.JPG DSCF0030.JPG DSCF0031.JPG

Edited by VICHARRIS, September 07, 2014 - 06:28 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#13 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 12:45 AM

Hmm.....We set the house a/c at 79,  Temp was 95 yesterday till Canada invaded and it fell to 62 during the day.

Back to the subject, your post is right on for the location of the person asking the question. 

Does a/c in Canadian motels out west still mean "the windows open"?  My parents saw that in the 70s.

:bigrofl:

Yup. Checked where he was from before I posted!

My heat pump is set on auto at 72° for the summer. It usually blows cool air, but some nights it switches to warm air.

I've gotten soft on my old age. What can I say? :D  Spent too many shifts at work in the steel mill swinging a 14 lb hammer in 110° heat.  :wallbanging: