Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month for March 2011

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month for March (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month for March

1. David Bradley Super (9 votes [16.07%])

Percentage of vote: 16.07%

2. Bolens Ridemaster (17 votes [30.36%])

Percentage of vote: 30.36%

3. Wheel Horse 701 (14 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Massey MF12H (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

5. Panzer T-70 (11 votes [19.64%])

Percentage of vote: 19.64%

Vote

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of March has now officially started and will end the last day of February.

The winner will be featured on the front page for the entire month of March starting on the 1st of the month and will be in our featured tractors section for infinity :D

We will start new nominations at the same time as well so keep an eye out on this forum to know when to submit a nomination or vote.

Here is a list of the nominees in no special order:

• David Bradley Super - DanO
  • Bolens Ridemaster - wilberj
  • Wheel Horse 701 - taycotrains
  • Massey MF12H - olcowhand
  • Panzer T-70 - tractormike

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below. :D

Please remember that the winning tractor cannot be nominated again for a full year. Thanks and good luck!

#2 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 04:22 PM

All right, nobody wants to go First, so I'll take the Leap.... I have a Lot of tractors I could Nominate for this honor but having just come in from plowing another 10 inches of snow with her, I'll have to Nominate My Working Girl "Little Bertha" She a 1951 David Bradley Super Model # 91757561. I Bought this tractor for $100 with a Blown motor, No hood and many other missing or damaged parts. I have since repowered her with a 5 HP Tecumseh from an old sears Snow Blower, gave her a new Clutch and even found her a New (Old) Hood. I have made several small Modifications to her to make her a little more user friendly and so she is anything but original but then "I Yam What I Yam" Not a Purist.
I think "Little Bertha" Deserves to be tractor of the month mainly because she is a True "Working Girl". Year 'Round . She has put my garden in for the past 4 years and has plowed me through many, many, many snowstorms, including this past one, without hesitation at all, when my other tractors & Snow blowers couldn't cut It. Believe it of not I have even used her to Push start my Farmall Super A once. This DB is Bulletproof.
Sure....She's Old, Rusty, Dented , Dirty, Loud and with only Two wheels & No reverse, In the eyes of some 4 wheel tractor owners, A Little Handicapped but she's got more Character than any Beautifully Restored "Show Girl" with 2 or 4 Wheels.
Well, that's my pitch for 'Little Bertha" I just think it would be Kinda neat to put the spotlight on a "Working Girl" for a change.... and so, as "My Good Very Best New Friend In The Whole World", Forest Gump Would say, " That's All I have To say About That."

Attached Thumbnails

• Bertha snow2.jpg
  • bertha Spike tooth.jpg

#3 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 10:11 PM

I like to nominate my 1952 Bolens Ridemaster that I saved from the junkyard.
Here how the story goes 2 years ago my uncle called me asking me if I would like a Bolens road grader because there was one at the junkyard by him. I had no idea what he was talking about because I never heard of a bolens road grader till he started telling me what it looked like then that’s when I had a idea what it was and I told him I’ll stop over after work and we will go look at it. I was thinking all night could this be what I think it is and it only 10 mins from my house. After work the next day we headed to the local junkyard to see this road grader he was talking about. We pulled right up next to it when we got there, I got out of the car and there sat a Bolens Ridemaster with a grader blade and a wheel weight on all 4 wheels in great shape for the age of it. After looking it over I headed to were the owner of the junkyard was to set up a deal for me to buy it and to pick it up the next day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10102[/ATTACH]
The photo is right after I got her home

Here the second half of the story after I get it home. I play with it for a little bit to get it running and I got it to run for a second on crab clean so I knew there was life in her but that about as much as it ran for me for 6 months till I finely got back to it. When I got back to it 6 months later I replaced all the fuel lines, fuel filter, changed the oil put some gas in it and it started right up. After a little playing with the float in the carb I had to take it for a ride, it was a little unusual at first but I got the hang of it till the one front tire with a cut in it blew out. After the blow out I got new tires for the fronts and repainted all the rims, seat, and trailer hitch. I had to cut the centers out of the back rims and put new rings on it because the originals had rusted out. With the fresh paint and new tires I was all ready for the big tractor show buy me. At the show most people have never seen a Ridemaster before and was fascinated buy how they worked. I cant tell you how many people that I got looks from when I was driving it around the show grounds and how many stopped me asking me what it was and how it worked. Since then it been a trusty tractor, starting on the first or second pull and it’s ready to give me a ride any time I ask it to, maybe even grade the driveway when I feel like getting it dirty. I looking forward to having her at the next plow days in MI and driving it around the tractor show by me. I have also added a 1950 and 1951 Ridemaster to my fleet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10092[/ATTACH]

Ok I am done Hope its not to long.
Jerome

Attached Thumbnails

• PICT0043.jpg
  • Ridemaster 001.jpg

#4 taycotrains OFFLINE  

taycotrains

• Member No: 978
  • 12 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted February 06, 2011 - 08:03 PM

1961 Wheel Horse 701

Posted Image

Posted Image

"A Bad Week To Sell A Tractor"

This machine was purchased on Sept 14 2001 (a Friday night) off of Ebay.
of course this was a few days after the attacks of Sept 11 2001.
Everybody must have been watching CNN and Fox News because I was shocked
to see I won this tractor for 281.00....701's even back then in beat up shape were bringing
over 500.00 at that time.

The machine is totally original and runs like new. I also got the original owners manual and original warranty card.

Bob Taylor

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted February 07, 2011 - 03:28 PM

I wasn't planning to enter, but I want the roster expanded too. So I'll throw in my Massey MF12H. It is a hydro, 1967 model. It is also the 44th of the model to come off the assembly line. I bought it near "Bean Blossum" Indiana, just north of Nashville, Indiana around August of 2004 for I believe was $203. Came with factory sleeve lift, the ag tires that are still on it, and still even had the OE steering wheel center cap, and the mowing deck. The 1st half of 67, the 12's came with Delco starter/generator & points ignition, as this one is equipped. The guy also tossed in for free, a 8" turn plow.
I soon after restored it, but never did restore the mowing deck. I have mowed some with it, but mostly just take it to local shows now. Here are some "during restore" pics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10249[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10250[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10251[/ATTACH]

Here it as at local show in 2006. My youngest daughter has sure grown since this pic!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10252[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10253[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• MF12 Side.jpg
  • MF12 Before.jpg
  • MF12 During Restore.jpg
  • DSC00031.jpg
  • DSC00039.jpg

#6 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted February 07, 2011 - 09:37 PM

I will put a tractor in the running to make 5 to vote on. This is a 1963 Panzer T-70 that I found for my wife. I had restored a 1965 Panzer T-75 and she liked the looks of it so much she asked me to find her one. It took almost a year to find another Panzer here in Wisconsin but I did come across one. It was a complete tractor and the engine was in good condition but there wasn't hardly a spot of paint left on the old girl. In fact the only nice bit of paint left was under the crriage bolt the held the seat on. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10263[/ATTACH]

The whole tractor was torn down for repainting. Luck for me it was mainly surface rust and the metal wasn't really pitted much at all. I sanded a lot and gave it a couple of coats of primer. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10262[/ATTACH] The tractor was in very good mechanical condition and other than some carb work nothing needed to be done other than the repainting and new tires for the restoration.

A friend of mine who paints tractors shot the " tantilizing torquise" paint on it for me and I reassembled the tractor and gave it to my wife. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10261[/ATTACH]

We take our "his and hers" panzers to tractor shows and have had a lot of fun with them. Their color along with their construction using a Plymouth car rear end have started a lot of conversations.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0214a.JPG
  • IMG_0189.jpg
  • IMG_0020a.jpg

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 02:12 PM

Alright gang, call me a slacker this week. I finally got the poll posted. It has been a hectic week between work and family. Let the voting begin :D

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 05:19 PM

You have a lot on your plate George ,we all understand.

#9 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,921 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 01:51 AM

:bump:

#10 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 06:02 AM

Looks like a close Race!

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 06:13 AM

Wow, this is a close race. Let's get them votes in :D

#12 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 03:24 PM

This one could be anyone.

#13 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted February 17, 2011 - 01:35 PM

There are some interesting tractors in the running for March and ordinarily I would have to do some serous thinking on who to vote for.
However, as most of you know, I am very predigest toward one particular tractor so who I voted for wasn't any problem at all this time.

#14 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 17, 2011 - 04:52 PM

A difficult choice for me this month. I'm partial to the Wheel Horse naturally, but the others are very nice as well! I have already looked at this thread a few times a was unable to decide who to vote for LOL! I think I've got it nailed down though! Great showing of great tractors this month guys!

#15 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,921 posts

Posted February 20, 2011 - 10:27 AM

:bump: