#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 02:53 PM

Just got this home yesterday, it's a 1993 Mazda B2600i (gas), I bought it off of Purplewave.com for what I thought was a good price. The tires are close to new, with a new battery and 3 new injectors. I went to the courthouse to get a temporary tag so I could drive it home and they said it needs to have a VIN inspection because it is out of state (Missouri) , they said to go to the police station and they will get everything sorted out.

So I went down the the police station and they said that they need to look at the pickup so they can compare the VIN # on the tittle to the VIN # on the pickup. So they said to trailer the pickup to them and they will check it :mad2:.

I have a pickup and trailer but my pickup is a '81 chevy 1 ton that only goes 55mph at 10mpg. I didn't want to take it on a 400 mile round trip. So I was talking to a friend and he said he bought a van off eBay that was in MO, took a plane up there and then drove back with no tag, since he had it insured, had the bill of sales and the title with him he was ok. So we looked it up and they said that you should be fine transporting a vehicle that way so we gave it a shot.

Another friend drove me up there (I don't have a good enough car to make it that far) and we picked it up. It was empty on gas, with 2 low tires, so we drove across the street to the gas station and of all the luck there was a MO state trouper sitting there doing paper work  :wallbanging: . He definitely noticed no tag, he leaned over and stared for a while, but we got gas then aired up the tires and when we got done he left :rocker2:.

So we high tailed it out of there, when I got it up to 40mph the pickup started stuttering and didn't want to go.

The friend following called me and said it smells like really old gas :(. But luckily I could get it up to 65mph it just took a little longer.

I stopped at another gas station on the way home and filled it back up with some fuel injection cleaner.

We made it home, besides the pickup missing out, everything went well with no problems.

I ordered a new fuel filter and I'm going to run a few tanks of premium gas with injector cleaner in it and see what happens.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bug Build 4 005.JPG
  • Bug Build 4 006.JPG
  • Bug Build 4 007.JPG
  • Bug Build 4 008.JPG
  • Bug Build 4 009.JPG
  • Bug Build 4 010.JPG

Edited by BTS, September 04, 2014 - 02:54 PM.

• Gtractor, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 3 others have said thanks

#2 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 03:24 PM

Not a bad little truck,,, good luck with it !!!!

• BTS said thank you

#3 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 05:55 PM

Nice looking truck. Got one of those lazy transmissions in it too. 

• BTS said thank you

#4 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:00 PM

Nice looking truck. Got one of those lazy transmissions in it too. 

I really wish it was a standard, my neighbor has a little dodge pickup a little smaller then this mazda, it is a standard and a blast to drive.

Although a automatic is nice because my VW bus, VW bug and chevy C-30 all have standard transmissions.

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 07:36 PM

That's in nice shape. Haven't seen one of those for quite a while up here. Rust got them all I guess.

• BTS said thank you

#6 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 10:46 PM

That's in nice shape. Haven't seen one of those for quite a while up here. Rust got them all I guess.

It's in really good shape, no rust that I have found!.

For some reason all of these pickups migrate to "Burns KS" , a friend has one just like it that is a year older, and I know of 3 others around town.

So now there are 5 of these rolling around and the town only has a population of around 250.

Everyone I talk to that has one says they run forever and they never work on them. That's reason enough for me to get one, plus at $975 I can't go wrong!.

• JDBrian said thank you

#7 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 11:12 PM

I have a 97 f-150 with a V-6 and 5 spd that I keep just because it's a stick and gets good mileage.The new truck sets in the garage and is seldom is used. Battery has actually gone dead on it. I like driving the stick.  :thumbs:

• BTS said thank you

#8 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 05:14 AM

If that truck looks as good in person , you would be welcome in cars cruises by me because  you just don't see them around here without being a rust-bucket . She sure is sweet :thumbs:

• BTS said thank you

#9 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 07:32 AM

If that truck looks as good in person , you would be welcome in cars cruises by me because  you just don't see them around here without being a rust-bucket . She sure is sweet :thumbs:

The only thing I have found wrong is the front bumper is pushed in.

It also has some dings here and there. But this is one of the nicest vehicles I now own, but for me that's not saying much :rolling:.

Although once I finish painting and rebuilding my vw bug, it will then be the nicest vehicle (I hope) :dancingbanana: :smilewink:

• Alc said thank you

#10 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:29 AM

Nice little truck

went on that website to see what was there and found this

http://www.purplewav...i?140909/AL9813

I like it!

• BTS and Sawdust have said thanks

#11 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:30 AM

Just showed your new ride to my wife and she likes it too.
  • Cvans and BTS have said thanks