20 replies to this topic

#16 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10345
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 10:46 AM

Would it be okay with you if I copied your plow pictures over to the Plow Identification guide ?

I would offer to take some more, but I left the plow in Ohio for the winter.  Not enough space on the trailer this trip.

#17 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 09:20 AM

Texas,

I have never had it apart far enough to know what they had to engineer between the "bell housing" and the trans. when they split mine.  (The one in my signature.)  A shaft obviously but no idea what the ends are like.

Larry W.

I found out later, by looking at the manual, that the shaft would be a square drive like a ratchet or socket on both ends.  There was a short square drive shaft between them to start with, so that was a pretty smart way to extend the tractor.

#18 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 09:35 AM

First,

Let me say that I do not know why the thumbnails are HUGE!!!!!!!
But if the moderator knows how to fix it, feel free. I did scan the pages at 600 DPI so that small details would be plain. I will say they look good on another forum. LOL

As promised I added an album containing paperwork I got with my 1942 Standard Twin parts tractor. It contains not only paperwork from Standard but also a Wico A magneto Instructions and Parts List.

Hope this is helpful. From what I have found it isn't easy to find anything about Wico A mags.

Just as a point of interest...as you see in the letter, the tractor started out in Amelia, Ohio and over the years, made it to Greenfield, In.

Please feel free to download any of it or add it to the files section or whatever.

Larry W.

P.S. I will still be working on trying to scan in the large sheets that have the accessories, but that may take some time. I also got a manual with it, but it looks to be the 1936-38 version. No governor, different reduction gear housings and no steering brakes. I may scan it also if there is interest, but it has a lot of pages with small print, so that will take some work. Also, reprints of the later (maybe 40 and up) version are available on ebay. I have one, and it is a pretty nice piece.
  • Alc said thank you

#19 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 10:14 AM

As usual,

I forgot the link:
http://gardentractor...rd-twin-papers/

#20 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 09:46 AM

I also just added a pdf of the older Standard Twin manual to the Manuals area. It is about 1936-1938 I think. No governor or turning brakes. Different gear reduction housings.

Larry W.

#21 Huachuca OFFLINE  

Huachuca
  • Member No: 69380
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted April 11, 2015 - 09:50 AM

Love find out his the plow fit to the sulky..