#1 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 12:53 AM

"Bought" this on 9/4 on the back of a roll back  Needs a clutch.  About the same tractor as an Oliver 550.  Spent 4 hours today just pulling off the non-quick detach.  Last bath for it must have been about the time it rolled off the assembly line.  Muffler hanging on buy a piece of mig welding wire.  Air cleaner intake hos probably cracked and fell off about the same time.

My house insurance agent says if I work on "customer' equipment and the house/shop burns down it will not be covered.  He did say I can work on my own equipment though with no problem and since I have a state/county issued Veterans License to hawk, peddle and sell items that belong to me so when a piece of equipment comes in that I like I buy the item and give the seller a legal bill of sale.  When I finish the project I sell it to any one that is interested in buying it and has the money to buy it for what I paid for it plus what my cost to repair it is and issue another bill of sale.  Usually the new buyer is the guy or gal (if you are female and resent the word gal tough stuff) who sold it to me,.

Took five and a half hours to remove the loader and then pressure wash the tractor.  Next time it will probably only take about half the time..  Put the tractor in the shop (after drying out the distributor)and will split it to see what parts are needed,  If I can get them ordered tomorrow I should have the by Tuesday at the latest,  Probably going to have to have the flywheel ground and buy the shims to make up the thikness of the metal taken off to level the flywheel.

More photos later.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0729.JPG
  • DSCF0730.JPG
  • DSCF0732.JPG
  • DSCF0736.JPG
  • DSCF0737.JPG
  • DSCF0739.JPG

• Gtractor, Alc, Talntedmrgreen and 1 other said thanks

#2 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 08:18 AM

#3 Gtractor OFFLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,375 Thanks
  • 3,803 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 09:42 AM

I like your insurance story.  :thumbs:  

I have a cousin [by marriage] that sells insurance.  Other than his occupatuion he is a real decent guy.  :smilewink: