#31 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 42575
  • 579 Thanks
  • 518 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 12:22 PM

There is a few different ones to chose from :thumbs:  All run about $150 whether you buy a kit or put it together yourself.

I'm planning on using my fried module as a pickup for my next one to save some money.

I saw your SSI conversion link. Does the engines and magnets website sell the conversion kit? I plan on using the kit to do my first one but I want to know where to acquire all the parts. From the look of diagrams and pictures i've seen it shouldn't be too horrendous to do.

#32 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 12:38 PM

I saw your SSI conversion link. Does the engines and magnets website sell the conversion kit? I plan on using the kit to do my first one but I want to know where to acquire all the parts. From the look of diagrams and pictures i've seen it shouldn't be too horrendous to do.

Yes, his buddy Mike Brooks I think, sells the kit for him, phone # and Addy on his "#1 tecumseh igntions part 1 page .

his website is down, but he has a backup for right now.

http://home.earthlink.net/~edstoller/

Personally, if I was spending the money outright for a complete kit, I would go with the Overnight Solution ignition kit. It's a direct plug and play kit and keeps like original. All other kits switch over to a battery-coil system so you have a have a good working charging system too.

http://overnight-solutions.com/

I will be using an old module on my next conversion, I already removed epoxy from the back and need to add jumper wires so I can use the module as a pickup only. Then a Chrysler box $25 and coil $25 and some small stuff and I should be in business for cheap cause that's how I roll, cheap!

My set up in sig works well, but it was created by a buddy of mine trying to come up with an alternative fix, not for everyone. Luckily I had a flywheel with a broken ignition pin or I would have be nervous about removing them as it's pretty much permanent.

• Tomwendt and GTpicker01 have said thanks

#33 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 579 Thanks
  • 518 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 12:51 PM

Yes, his buddy Mike Brooks I think, sells the kit for him, phone # and Addy on his "#1 tecumseh igntions part 1 page .

his website is down, but he has a backup for right now.

http://home.earthlink.net/~edstoller/

Personally, if I was spending the money outright for a complete kit, I would go with the Overnight Solution ignition kit. It's a direct plug and play kit and keeps like original. All other kits switch over to a battery-coil system so you have a have a good working charging system too.

http://overnight-solutions.com/

I will be using an old module on my next conversion, I already removed epoxy from the back and need to add jumper wires so I can use the module as a pickup only. Then a Chrysler box $25 and coil $25 and some small stuff and I should be in business for cheap cause that's how I roll, cheap!

My set up in sig works well, but it was created by a buddy of mine trying to come up with an alternative fix, not for everyone. Luckily I had a flywheel with a broken ignition pin or I would have be nervous about removing them as it's pretty much permanent.

Well here is my problem though. The stator is fried too. I know that pretty uncommon to have that happen but it's dead. The switch was replaced with one that didn't have an M prong. That's why the thing is fried. So instead if putting in a new switch i was just going to use the one that is in it and convert it to battery coil.......But i guess in thinking though it would be just as easy to throw in a new switch, the overnight solutions coil and a stator..............decisions, decisions

#34 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 02:44 PM

Well here is my problem though. The stator is fried too. I know that pretty uncommon to have that happen but it's dead. The switch was replaced with one that didn't have an M prong. That's why the thing is fried. So instead if putting in a new switch i was just going to use the one that is in it and convert it to battery coil.......But i guess in thinking though it would be just as easy to throw in a new switch, the overnight solutions coil and a stator..............decisions, decisions

If you go with any of the battery coil conversion, you need that stator to keep battery charging to keep tractor running.

If you go with Overnight Solution, you dont have to worry about stator/charging battery as once it's started, it will run with out battery. You still need that stator to send a charge to the Overnight module though, but if it's running now with your SSI module..... that part must be working.

Okay, now I'm getting confused, you got a sears and a Massey with two issues :firejumper:  :D

• MH81 said thank you

#35 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 579 Thanks
  • 518 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 02:48 PM

HAHA the Sears needs a switch, the massey is fried all around. The sears works fine it just needs the switch. The massey is just one of those projects on the backburner for now and with hunting season fast approaching, it probably won't get looked at until winter time.

• MH81 said thank you

#36 junkyardjeff OFFLINE  

junkyardjeff
  • Member No: 50084
  • 69 Thanks
  • 82 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 09:46 PM

I have been wiring solenoids to my tractors that did not come with one originally,they seem to spin over more quickly with them and while I am in there make new battery cables.

#37 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 579 Thanks
  • 518 posts

Posted September 13, 2014 - 09:35 PM

Got the new switch in today and the sears is running good as new! Thanks everyone for all your help!
  • TAHOE said thank you