5 replies to this topic

#1 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 05:50 AM

Sometime, in the future, I'd like to do some investigating to find the cause of all the slop in the transaxle of my 101. I know, from other repair experiences, that it can be cheaper to replace a whole unit rather than try to buy parts separately. So, just for a "what to be looking for" reference, what models of Simplicity or AC tractors used the same transaxle?

Thanks, Bill

#2 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,911 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 06:04 AM

Landlord or sure AC B1 I Think also

• Bill56 said thank you

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 10:32 AM

The 101 has some slight differences from a 700/725/B-1 transaxle assembly.  Nothing that wouldn't prevent it from being a bolt-n-go swap, but there are some minor linkage changes in the clutch and brake, as well as a lack of axle tube over the LH side of the axle.  The BGB drive pulley may not have a slip clutch feature that was added in the Landlord series to protect the BGB from shock.

Any 3 speed trans 1959-1970 should bolt right in.  Later ones may as well, but I can't say for sure if they share the same bolt pattern.  I'm going to be doing one myself next week and can document if you like (away on vacation).  

• Bill56 said thank you

#4 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:25 AM

The 101 has some slight differences from a 700/725/B-1 transaxle assembly.  Nothing that wouldn't prevent it from being a bolt-n-go swap, but there are some minor linkage changes in the clutch and brake, as well as a lack of axle tube over the LH side of the axle.  The BGB drive pulley may not have a slip clutch feature that was added in the Landlord series to protect the BGB from shock.

Any 3 speed trans 1959-1970 should bolt right in.  Later ones may as well, but I can't say for sure if they share the same bolt pattern.  I'm going to be doing one myself next week and can document if you like (away on vacation).

Thanks, that would be helpful.

#5 the_nite_owl OFFLINE  

the_nite_owl
  • Member No: 62321
  • 6 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 11:53 AM

I would be interested as well.  I have the transmission from a 65 Broadmoor that might make a good backup.  Does that also mean the Hi/Lo setup from the Broadmoor could be used on an early Landlord?

I have two 101s and a 2010.

Any chance the late 60 early 70 Broadmoor transmissions would work?

#6 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 12:03 PM

No...the small frame lawn tractors have an entirely different transaxle than the large frame garden tractors. The hilo is different as well.
  • Bill56 said thank you