11 replies to this topic

#1 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 03:12 PM

local club is having a 1st annual tractor hit n miss show and pull going to be a fun weekend if anyone has any questions or concerns post up.  Im  posting a picture of the flyer no garden tractor pulls but i know some of you guys are into the bigger tractors or maybe interested in seeing some new equipment!

i copied this from one post.

Well our tractor show will be here soon. Sept. 20-21 at the Dayton Fair Grounds. Our club, The Smicksburg Antique Tractor & Machinery Club will be hosting the 2 day show. Sept 19 will be a set up day for tractors, equipment, and vendors, etc. Bring the whole family for some fun. We will have games for the kids, a kids play area, face painting, pedal tractor pulls. Other events for Saturday will be antique tractor pulls, tractor and equipment show and exhibits, craft vendors, flea market vendors, tractor parts vendors, hit and miss parts vendors.
Sunday will be a large semi truck show, any other type of farm truck and also including antique trucks, fire trucks, etc. . There will be church services Sunday in the morning, at the stage area near the main fair office. Also Sunday will be tractor games.
There will also be many new and used equipment vendors at our show as well, and also new Chevrolet Trucks from Redbank Chevrolet on display.
Come on out to our show with your old equipment, or just visit us for a day or two, just for the fun of it.
If you have any questions about our show, or would like to be a vendor, contact me at 814-257-9880. Sorry no food vendors permitted at this show. Thank you, Kevin.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1964.JPG

• Alc and Username have said thanks

#2 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 06:05 PM

I'll be there.

• superspeedex said thank you

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 07:23 PM

I had my plans in place.  What I was going to bring and such.  Counting down the days... can't wait.  We get a message from our daughter today.  They are moving from West Virginia to Ohio on THAT WEEKEND!  GRRRRRR!

#4 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 07:59 PM

Im going ill take some picture for you all supposed to be pretty good i cant wait

#5 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 06:45 AM

Did anyone make it to this show?  How was it?  Good turnout?

#6 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 02:27 PM

There was over 100 tractors and I guess around 30 gt's.Great weather and a well thought out show that went without any bad surprises.They had a good turnout for the antique tractor pull and they are planning on gearing up a little more for gt's including a pull.I didn't get any pictures.

#7 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 02:29 PM

This is from Kevin Bish,the host of the show:

Well, our tractor, truck, and equipment, etc. show is over now. If you didn't make it out to the show, you missed 2 days of great fun. Many people at the show told our members, and myself that they really liked coming to our show, and that the whole family had fun. 
This is just what we were trying to do, bring out the whole family and spend a couple of days with our club. We have a few things to change to better our show, but this was the first one, and we are learning as we go.
We had 81 hooks for the antique tractor pulls on Saturday, and well over 100 tractors on display for the tractor show. We also had hit and miss engines, garden tractors, and a engine powered square baler, and many other types of equipment on display at the show. 
Sunday our featured event was the truck show. We had many semi trucks, and a few other type trucks on display on the racetrack. 
We hope to see everyone next year, for a bigger and better show. Thanks, Kevin.

#8 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 07:51 PM

I have 2 youtube video plus more uploading tomorrow heres a video from my buddy.  Had a great time excited for next year got to meet username and had a fun weekend more people should have came up!

• Username, David Brown and EricR have said thanks

#9 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 02:39 PM

some video i toke. i was on the john deere A

http://youtu.be/PlU2...cJOkOouf8CmP-kg

http://youtu.be/DEBO...cJOkOouf8CmP-kg

http://youtu.be/jPMx...cJOkOouf8CmP-kg

• David Brown said thank you

#10 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 02:39 PM

not sure why the links aint working right

#11 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 07:18 PM

not sure why the links aint working right

They worked for me.  Love the chain game.  Used to be a big game for steam tractors.  Good to see it adapted.  Thought about doing that for garden tractors a few years ago at Portersville but it never happened.

#12 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 07:34 PM

They worked for me.  Love the chain game.  Used to be a big game for steam tractors.  Good to see it adapted.  Thought about doing that for garden tractors a few years ago at Portersville but it never happened.

the links should show a thumbnail like the video right above it.  I like the chain game and the john deeres with the known high or fast revese gear made it great.  we was going to do it with GTs but knowone else brought one over cause i was going ot do the chain game with my 110