• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 curts garage OFFLINE  

curts garage

• Member No: 1256
  • 40 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 08:47 PM

what does it say on the shroud?  does it say wizard anywhere?

#17 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 09:13 PM

attachicon.gifIMG_2028.JPG

I'm not sure.  It has one wire that goes to the spark and a blade connector that connects to the shutoff.  That's all.

the engine should have a magnetron already in place, there are no points with that. The carb is a pulsejet, very tricky to get clean, you have to soak them good and make sure the pickup tubes are good. They work like a baby fuel pump, were gas is pulled up to a little cup in the top of the tank. getting them start is sometimes a problem until the cup get fuel in it. The engines usually run better with a full tank of fuel. The bottom tube(long one) should have a screen on the end of it that acts like a fuel filter. I have one of these tractors, but mine is a real Edko Walking Tractor, paint red and white. They were built in Des Moines Iowa during the mid to late 70's

#18 tonybluegoat OFFLINE  

tonybluegoat
  • Member No: 61908
  • 9 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 01:18 PM

the engine should have a magnetron already in place, there are no points with that. The carb is a pulsejet, very tricky to get clean, you have to soak them good and make sure the pickup tubes are good. They work like a baby fuel pump, were gas is pulled up to a little cup in the top of the tank. getting them start is sometimes a problem until the cup get fuel in it. The engines usually run better with a full tank of fuel. The bottom tube(long one) should have a screen on the end of it that acts like a fuel filter. I have one of these tractors, but mine is a real Edko Walking Tractor, paint red and white. They were built in Des Moines Iowa during the mid to late 70's

Can I just replace the carb and fuel tank with something off a lawnmower?  I have two issues that just happened.  

1. The diaphragm cover was put into the apple cider vinegar solution for 2 days, so it's ruined.  I found a place to get another one here:

http://www.betrammot...c67a379739a293d

2.  But the other problem is that I soaked the tank, because it's rusted inside, then tried to use some nuts to shake around and knock the rust off.  It worked pretty well, but it also knocked the cup loose where it does the fuel transfer.  so now my tank needs to be fixed and I don't know how other than to cut it open then weld it back together.

• Lauber1 said thank you

#19 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 12:19 AM

I have another engine off one of these, let me check and see if the needed parts are ok on it.