LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,597 Thanks
  • 7,654 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 01:28 PM

I've noticed the brake cleaner doesn't seem to be dropping them as fast as it used to. Everytime something is EPA approved, it means it doesn't work as well.

Your holding your Bic lighter next to it, right?

Burn down the shed!!!!LOL

Nooo! Don't burn the nest. After frost, when the hornets are all dead, the nest is worth $35 at the flea market.

• GTTinkerer, oldedeeres and Auburn David have said thanks

#32 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 08:45 AM

Well....I hurt their feelings last night. The temps took a dip so I went with it. My plan of attack was to leave the lights on and the back door unlocked. I shut the front door and blocked the doggie door. It was cool enough that the guards on the outside just sat there. I hit them with the spectracide and then shot about  1/2 the can through the hole at close range. The lights being on was an excellant diversion for the ones flying inside. They went to the lightrs and didn't even try to get out and come after me. i went in through the back door to check out what was happening. The wasps were mainly around the lights but I didn't like the prospects of going the length of the building without getting stung. I went back around front and opened the door. They didn't even seem to notice. I hit the 8 ft flourecent inside the door with the spray and then reached around and doused the nest with the remainder of the can. The hum from the nest was pretty loud. Shut the door and got the second can. Gave the nest another good dose and then played with the ones around the light. There were a lot of wasps writhing on the floor as they fell out of the nest. Going out here in a bit to check the carnage. i'd say they're done!     :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

• MH81, Cvans, HDWildBill and 3 others have said thanks

#33 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,242 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 08:49 AM

Good news! Just watch for ones that had a sleepover somewhere else last night...
  • DougT said thank you