Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 08:52 AM

Not surprising I guess but unfortunate non the less.  :mad2:

Here is the other side of a similar story. When I left for Boot Camp I asked my Father to drive my Barracuda once in a while just to keep things in running order. Later I get a letter from my Mom and in it she talks about how they get a kick out of driving my car and my father is kind of a kid again when he drives it. This was a 1966 Formula "S" with modifications so seeing two older people driving it got my folks lots of attention. When I got home again there was a bad noise coming from the rear end. Ended up being two broken spider gears in the Posi rear end. I never said anything but it still makes me smile to think about these two older folks being kids again.  :smilewink:

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 4 others have said thanks

#32 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 09:24 AM

That's a cool story Chris. :thumbs:

• Cvans said thank you

#33 cumberland OFFLINE  

cumberland
  • Member No: 59791
  • 26 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 07:23 PM

I like GM just fine, as well as BMW , Chrysler etc... But 90% of my past & present trucks are ford. I just like them them best. I have two f150's & two expeditions right now with zero problems. I tow a 30 ft trailer w/ expeditions & have hauled 2500 lb in the f150's. Many times.

#34 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 11:19 PM

But 90% of my past & present trucks are ford. I just like them them best.

Everything parked here has a blue oval on it also. The Fordson and Ford 850 tractors didn't have Ovals!  :boo_hoo: 

#35 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,480 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 04:21 PM

There's nothing wrong with owning Fords, mechanics gotta feed their kids too! :D

Just kidding!

#36 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,722 Thanks
  • 8,905 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 04:31 PM

Any news on the repairs? The reason I ask is Napa stock went up.
  • MH81 said thank you

#37 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:04 PM

Looks like all the major parts suppliers that cover sw ohio are up.
Thanks for keeping the economy going Marty :thumbs:
  • TAHOE said thank you

#38 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,483 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 07:19 AM

Any news on the repairs? The reason I ask is Napa stock went up.

Parts just showed up yesterday. Got other things going today, may try to rebuild limited slip tonight if i got time. Monday or Tues night will be re-install. 

• MH81 said thank you

#39 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,856 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 09:29 AM

Not surprising I guess but unfortunate non the less.  :mad2:

Here is the other side of a similar story. When I left for Boot Camp I asked my Father to drive my Barracuda once in a while just to keep things in running order. Later I get a letter from my Mom and in it she talks about how they get a kick out of driving my car and my father is kind of a kid again when he drives it. This was a 1966 Formula "S" with modifications so seeing two older people driving it got my folks lots of attention. When I got home again there was a bad noise coming from the rear end. Ended up being two broken spider gears in the Posi rear end. I never said anything but it still makes me smile to think about these two older folks being kids again.  :smilewink:

Being as I sort of fall into the older folks category I enjoyed reading this. And yes, I really get a kick out of taking my /96 G.M.C. 3/4 T diesel up a steep hill and  using the passing  lane to blast by the fancy new "kid" trucks. Where the gas engines falter this old girl just settles down and PULLS!  Seeing the look on the faces when a grey haired old lady in a farm truck passes them is priceless!

• DougT, MH81, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#40 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 09:46 AM

Being as I sort of fall into the older folks category I enjoyed reading this. And yes, I really get a kick out of taking my /96 G.M.C. 3/4 T diesel up a steep hill and  using the passing  lane to blast by the fancy new "kid" trucks. Where the gas engines falter this old girl just settles down and PULLS!  Seeing the look on the faces when a grey haired old lady in a farm truck passes them is priceless!

Hmmm! did you ever live in Pasadena?  Reminds me of...

:poke: :smilewink:

• DougT, MH81, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#41 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,483 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 08:35 AM

Got the Limited slip/spider gears installed in carrier Monday night, put carrier back in Bronco last night, checked back lash, right at .010, and then buttoned up the rest.....I get my Firebird back from my son woohoo!!! :thumbs:  I drove it home from our friends house, man it's all nice and tight and quiet :rocker2:

No more noise going around corners, it just grabs and goes now. The tone ring for the ABS also had a few messed up teeth probably from the gear pieces getting thrown around in there, I took my dremel, grind them all back somewhat like teeth, now, no more random ABS kicking in and the speedometer doesn't bounce around like it was.

Hopefully this will be the last of that for the life of his ownership. :D

• MH81 and Alc have said thanks