TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,476 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 08:00 AM

Yea, your breather cover says "kohler" on it  :poke:  :D

I would have to take pic of my serial # for ya. I do know the tags states UGT2060 though as model #.

I think I have read the PK version of mine is the UT620

#17 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 08:19 AM

Plugged the drive in and took quick look. Power King was UT620HV for Hydro  and GV for Gear. The owner's manual on drive shows about same as one I've got with mine, cept as you noted, Foot Control, The Park brake way outside of that on right, two brake pedals on left. Manual says was printed in July of 95'.  That serial number list only went to 94. That must be last year for Power King to be self-owned, before the Support Services bought them. Last serial on that list says Starts with 002003888, has no ending numbers after that. Mine ends 9884, not sure year. What is yours? Appears to be the PK numbers not Snapper.

OH, yeah, mine in PK would be a 1620 HV  hydro in letters again and IS a Command engine, sorry for mix-up! Wonder if engine has a date on it, like older ones?  Might be close to tractor year, have to look.

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,592 Thanks
  • 7,652 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 08:35 AM

Where is PK now? Does Support Services still own them?

#19 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 08:47 AM

Place called Mission Manufacturing in Southern IN, near Evansville has/owns the rights to the name, does some manufacturing of small pieces or buys some they find that were used, and sells same parts. Support Services still offers the parts also, but bought thru Mission now. Mission has no plans to produce the tractor is what I hear.  They also deal in some new Metal tractor parts and even limited amounts of used or NOS items it has bought from dealers closing up. Best to talk to them, rather than email. Also best to have he PK part numbers in front of you to inquire for quicker answer. Even Yazoo-Keyes had ownership for small time, I got info from them when looking in 90's. They are gone now also. Think last year for any PK to be made is actually 98, not sure. I ran across many models NEW in crates at dealers that were older models, but still brand new with the brand new price tags to match!! Most were six to seven thousand for JUST the tractors, no decks or nothing.  Also most were Gear drive, and those were not as good, with clutch trouble most times. Mission does other things too, not just the PK stuff. I have phone and address somewhere if you really wanted it. Let me know.

#20 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 08:47 AM

Grumpy,

It's a Kohler Command 20 hp engine. Glad you're having fun with it. Enjoy!

Chuck

#21 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,476 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 11:44 AM

I have to wait till I get home to get #'s off tractor.

The serial # off my engine is 2510909617.... made in '96? maybe? I don't know how to date those.

Mine is either a 96 or 97, maybe yours is a 98 or 99 with the change to fender mount lever?  Seems they called them UGT2060's then switched to the MGT2000 for 98 & 99, they last wo years PK was made.

#22 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 12:11 PM

That is a very nice GT you got there GL, Hope you can do everything you want with this one.

#23 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 06:01 PM

Well, bummer, was moving and mowing some in yard today and acted like it was missing and running out of gas. Right after I had put some in tho. Would not start/fire again. Found a 30A fuse in block burnt, hmmm! Put in new, blew as it went in, hmmmm! Tried messing with that spot and jumper wires from batt and etc. Got tractor to crank, no start on one side of terms. Other side nothing. Jumped it w/out a fuse (Bad idea) and cranked whick it did, but then Smoke came out of wires there, and a little back on a control box on dash. Pulled wire right away. SO, now I have probly made it worse, hope control box isn't shot. Sure gonna look into bypassing all the safety crap and see If I can run it that way or not. Gonna be awhile, kinda bumbs me out, probly won't be the winter tractor I wished it to be now, no time to work on it, other stuff has come along to worry about now. I can't even push tractor w/out pushing some valves you can't even see thru body to get into garage again. Man, I'm depressed! What more crap can go wrong this fall??? I hate cold and fall/winter! Wahhhahahaaah! :mad2: :boo_hoo: :ah_shoot:

EDITED to remove language!
Texas Deere & Horse
  • KennyP said thank you

#24 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,508 Thanks
  • 3,905 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 06:59 PM

That is a rough day. Hopefully it won't snow much this year.

#25 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 08:17 PM

Got a new fuse box, will need to install. I found a wire kinda  melted at the key switch. The key switch was loose and turned when you tried to use it. I found the wires all wrapped around many times when I put a spacer on the switch and got nut to tighten in place when I first got it. SO, not sure if wire was the problem, or if that just went bad because of another incident. I'm going to need to take out switch and connector, unwind more wires and see if problem there. Melted wire is from Batt off fuse box, and is melted to another right next to it, not sure what second wire is yet. I did find I can buy a whole new harness for $109 at mission, hope I don't need to do that. Thinking I toasted the bypass control module, was smoking at one connector and now see black OOZ came out some. That part is $51, but available. All this wiring and connections/boxes is Packard Wiring company's parts. Not sure if can find the box cheaper or if only used on PK's??  Part # 104254  Mec M586 Rev "B" Date 0135   Anything here to recognize? 8 terminals on it, and a 9th one that doesn't plug into the connector, maybe just for alignment? 

#26 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 980 Thanks
  • 821 posts

Posted October 05, 2014 - 03:29 PM

HI glgrumpy, have you had any luck with the wiring yet, have you got the tractor running again? Its a shame how on all the newer machines everything gets so compilcated.

GB in MN

#27 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 08:10 PM

Nothing going yet, been working on house, now done or mostly anyway, then Portland Swap, which ended for Us today.  Will be getting out in garage again soon. Nothing happens fast around here!

#28 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 08:41 PM

Don't know how I missed this one but congrats on this amazing rig with attachments. Looks high end compared to the 990 you just sold. I hope the wiring issue works out well for you, keep us posted GL.  :thumbs:

#29 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 05:03 PM

Just to clear up, it is running fine, been doing snow this winter with it. The main wiring issue was twisted and bared wires at the key switch, then that burnt out the little control box, and the main fuse box was already melted some from some issue before. New fuse box, wires on switch with new connectors and plastic fixed, and didn't start till I put in the little elect. box and good to go since.

• MNGB said thank you