#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 04:14 PM

New tractor came today, personal express! Chuckbob Thanks! it is a late model 3pc hood Power King that was sold to Snapper for couple years. Most Snapper dealers don't know about these or say wasn't so, probly was a bad deal or such??  Support Services, one of last owneres of Power King and still selling parts, Beaver Dam, WI.  Think they are now in Minn. but Beaver Dam was the old PK headquarters when they bought them out. Has fender lever Hydro, hydraulic lift and power steering, which is really nice! I had one Speedex with power steering sort of, but this one is much nicer and easier to use. Three point not on it, but I have one for it! Has big 60" deck which was running low on front spindle and scored yard down center of cut!!  I raised it up some an was better, but deck needs leveling really. My yard is hilly and bumpy and big decks don't work good here, it will be coming off soon anyway. Biggest prize is the Quick Disconnect set up to put on it. Runs off the pto in front, hangs where the mower does in front. Has a pto shaft that goes out both ways on it, so figure one could probly make a rear pto if he wanted 2000 rpm one there. This one has never been used on that side of shaft. Got a snow blade that looks brand new, like never used. Fits the quick-tach. Just drive tractor up to it, lift the tach, and blade top slips over the tach metal and you can lift and back-out of garage. Then lock the two side pins in to hold it on. You DO have to get off tractor to turn blade, a bummer, but maybe one could make a way to do that from seat.  THEN, Best of all, I'm hoping anyway, is the big front broom to also go on the tach. It DOES run off the pto shaft  then. Hoping we have light enough snows to just use that on it this winter. We will see!  Haven't had the quick-tach or other items on yet, so will see how easy it is. Initial mounting is not so easy, but once on should be fine for the attachments.  The plastic hood pieces are kinda broken up, so will be on look-out for those, but they are kinda rare. New ones are hundreds, but might have to go that route if it really annoys me that much! Check out the size of the metal links in the Chains picture! I have my Super Bar laying on floor to compare, and also holding one part. Think it is 5/16" chain!! Man, they are heavy! Tractor has 29 x 12:50 x 15 tires, so plenty big! Here's some pix. I have to read the book that came with all the stuff, glad I got all that too. Note that complicated hinge set-up on hood, and of course the Cup Holder (for smaller cups or maybe can of beer or pop!).

Attached Thumbnails

• Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 002.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 003.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 004.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 005.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 006.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 007.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 008.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 009.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 011.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 012.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 013.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 014.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 015.jpg
  • Best Power King Snapper 2014-09-01 016.jpg

• Gtractor, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 11 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 04:35 PM

Good looking tractor!

• Cvans said thank you

#3 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,684 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 04:45 PM

That's some fine tractor you have there! I can see why you sound excited. :thumbs:  What size engine is that?

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 04:47 PM

That's a really nice looking outfit and with some nice attachments and the PTO's making very versatile. Those chains look like the same size links as I have on my 2320. 3/8" cross chains and 5/16" side links. For the size tires I have (12 x 16.5) that's  the only size that Tirechains.com had. Real overkill. They will give you a rough ride on hard surfaces even with 2 link chains, but the traction is excellent. 

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 04:50 PM

I don't get the excitement being you're getting out of the hobby?????   :smilewink:

That's one fine looking tractor, and the attachments as well!  :thumbs:

• KennyP, LilysDad, superaben and 1 other said thanks

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 05:09 PM

This is a MGT2000H   20hp Vanguard V-twin.  Cowhand, this is the LAST one!  Been wanting one for years, but too much money, this one was good buy!  Just gotta work on about three more in garage, and we are Done!  Course, might take three years, and keep hanging on for a little while....have some questions and maybe some answers.  But Hey! I'm almost Cured now!  :toilethead: :bs:

• olcowhand, LilysDad and Sawdust have said thanks

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 05:12 PM

Cowhand, this is the LAST one!  But Hey! I'm almost Cured now!  :toilethead: :bs:

Sure it's the last one.....and I'm really not a dairy farmer....I'm the Tooth Fairy!   :rolling:   There's no cure once bitten by the GT bug

Edited by olcowhand, September 01, 2014 - 08:46 PM.

• Bill56, KennyP, LilysDad and 2 others have said thanks

#8 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 07:13 PM

That is one good looking GT!! Lots of attachments and tons of possibilities!! :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Geno

#9 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 07:50 PM

That's quite a machine! Congratulations!!

#10 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 08:02 PM

Thats a nice score! Really good looking tractor and some super nice attachments. 

I have the Snapper UGT2060 just like it and they only made them for 2 yrs? Maybe 1 yr was the UGT and second yr the MGT? 

strange. Mine has a Kohler Magnum 20hp.

Mine has dual hydro levers up on dash, dual brakes on the left side, single brake on the right, no fender hydro lever. They really changed them in just a couple yrs.

#11 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 08:24 PM

Sure it's the last one.....and I'm really not a dairy farmer....I'm the Tooth Fairy!   :rolling:   There's no cure once bitten! 

Am I understanding that there is no cure when bitten by the tooth fairy? 

:smilewink:

Ben W.

• olcowhand and LilysDad have said thanks

#12 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 08:47 PM

Am I understanding that there is no cure when bitten by the tooth fairy? 

:smilewink:

Ben W.

Okay smarty britches....I edited my post.   :D   I left myself open for that one!  :rolling:

• superaben said thank you

#13 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted September 01, 2014 - 08:52 PM

Okay smarty britches....I edited my post.   :D   I left myself open for that one!  :rolling:

Sorry Daniel, I couldn't resist it.  It isn't often that I can catch you wide open like that.  :wave:

:rolling:

Ben W.

• olcowhand said thank you

#14 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 06:40 AM

Nice one!! I like it!

#15 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 07:53 AM

Tahoe, maybe I have wrong name for engine, will have to go look again. The PK UT620 was the one with foot control and a few differences that made it more a Utility tractor, more features as you noted. That is about the last model PK made. Maybe your model number is just "Snapperized" to be diff, even tho same tractor. Ever find year by serial on yours? Mine is same as a 1620GT in Power King I think. My serial is 002009884. I have the chip with info on it for PK and serials, have to see if it has these newer ones listed. It does have parts and other manuals listed on it for the new ones. All the implements have similar tags with Support Services on them and even the serials are close to being the same.