• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MadAtGrass OFFLINE  

MadAtGrass
  • Member No: 49320
  • 76 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hi guys, this is really and ad for anyone in the New England area, unless you really need the parts. I need to sell three of my LTs. The pictures can be seen in my Family gallery. I have two Craftsman and one Murray for sale. The newer Craftsman has a good engine, but the steering is shot. The Murray could probably be cleaned and run with new tires and a carb cleaning, and the older Craftsman needs motor repair. It ran like a top and then the connecting rod broke, I think, I haven't torn it down to verify.

I have run into some bad health and need the money. If they don't sell here, I will pull the two good motors and scrap the rest.

They are all complete with decks, etc, in varying condition.

I am keeping my Ford as my only project and of course the Husky to mow with, although I just found out that the repairs they did before I bought the Husky last year were just enough to cost me over $200.00 for new head gaskets this week. (Now you know part of why I need the money.)

I will sell all three Lawn Tractors for $150.00 as is. Once someone steps up they are theirs even if it takes them a couple of weeks to collect them all.

This is not the end of my hobby, just a setback.

If you are interested, I will throw in the Sears plow as is. I did minor damage to it last winter while clearing snow, but I'm sure it will be an easy fix for anyone. (Just bent the control rods.)

There you have it. I ask that you take all, and I only have two weeks before they get scrapped.

I don't want to insult anyone if this shouldn't be placed on this board, but I will add an old push type Sears Roto-Spader for $25.00 (Pictures in gallery shortly.) I'm fairly certain it is a 4 HP B&S motor.

And if you have a handy child I have two newer style bicycles they can have too. (What the heck my son didn't do anything with them.)

med_gallery_49320_559_138400.jpg

med_gallery_49320_559_194815.jpg

med_gallery_49320_559_259925.jpg

med_gallery_49320_559_188440.jpg

med_gallery_49320_683_451792.jpg

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,748 Thanks
  • 7,519 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 05:42 PM

Other peoples' sloppy work has been burning alot of people lately. Good Luck, Rick

• MadAtGrass said thank you

#3 MadAtGrass OFFLINE  

MadAtGrass
  • 76 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 02:02 PM

Well, boyscout862 I did end up with a bill of about $104.00 in the end. I decided to transport the tractor in my pickup and save some transportation costs. I'm glad my 19 YO son has been living with us lately and was available to help or I would have been hurting for a few days from the loading and unloading.

Unfortunately, it looks like these machines are headed for recycling after I pull a couple of motors. I'll be looking for any offers as well, but even $100.00 would help at this point.

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,748 Thanks
  • 7,519 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 02:50 PM

I understand. My back is hurting from digging up the septic tank for cleanning. I've got 30 LTs to strip and get rid of. I hope that it works out for you. Good Luck, Rick

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,366 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 04:33 PM

Wish I were closer! Might be some parts I could use!

#6 MadAtGrass OFFLINE  

MadAtGrass
  • 76 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 11:23 PM

I've been hoping to lighten the load of things around here so I can concentrate on the most important. It seems as though I'll even have a hard time giving stuff away. I've looked into auctions, and started to look for more storage because I've already paid for my tools and the "garage" that I don't have 6 times over paying the bills on my storage unit.

You don't know how much I wish I could get onto a different property that I could actually make use of.

Even now I'm trying to find a way of salvaging the LTs, but I can't do it this time. I need the $$ one way or another and scrap is the easiest thing that comes to mind. I'm having a hard time just thinking about keeping the wheels and tires for all the good they might be.

I guess all things must come to an end. Hopefully a beauty and the space to do it justice comes along soon.

• MH81 said thank you

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,218 Thanks
  • 28,589 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 06:10 AM

I wish. I was closer and able to help. Have you put an ad in CraigsList? I'm surprised that no one bit, if so.

Wish you well on the health issues, if you need to vent, please do. We are all ears.
  • MadAtGrass said thank you

#8 MadAtGrass OFFLINE  

MadAtGrass
  • 76 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted September 12, 2014 - 07:57 PM

I contacted the person who had all the cool old GTs for sale in my area last year and I'm going to try to make a list ditch effort to sell my lawn tractors to him or trade with him for one old GT that will certainly take up less space. We'll see how things go. I'm also in the middle of trying to get more storage for things. I bought a pretty decent, yet un-restorable Pop up trailer that will be stripped out and have walls added for one storage trailer, and I just got reply that another travel trailer owner has excepted my offer at a very reasonable price for more storage space. 

I've been paying too much rent for storage per month for 10+ years to keep my tools after moving into a smaller house and it's past time to stop wasting money.

The problem with CL this year is that everything is dirt cheap or so high priced you'd be insane to pay their prices. Combine that with the fact that anything fairly priced won't sell and you wonder how Mike and Frank on American Pickers can stay in business. It must be the price they get per episode.

• MH81 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, craftsman, murray