wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 08:35 PM

I dunno if anything is loose, I went thru entire spark system so all is tight there. Tractor came in with no spark, so I am getting closer to what I want this tractor to be.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, September 07, 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 09:09 PM

I have been doing that governor setup every time. I actually had a breakthrough when the sun was still in the sky and worked hard to get a result before I lost all light. I had a issue with my Nos carb that I said was a 26. Truth is I never read inside the bore to realize it is really a 30..... Oops.
So i took another 26 body, a few misc adjustment needles I had that were good, and for a 26, and the float and needle out of the old 26 carb that were actually good, they don't affect performance, and I had no other floats. And threw a fully gone threw carb on the k241 and tried it out after the governor adjustment, only the 8th time lol.
I was getting a excellent result but did not get it all tuned in perfect cause the neighbor came over and we got talking. Ya, I lost the daylight lol. Time will tell if I can get it dialed in good. I run fuel system cleaner through my stuff all the time so it should be good and healthy.
By the way, anyone need a 30 carb for their larger Kohler K series. I have one I guarantee will run an engine lol.

Just came in half hour ago from a quite enjoyable drive on my Cub Cadet 102, which no longer hunts, stumbles, or dies, no matter how hard you try lol. It revs up smooth, it idles down smooth. I think I have this carburetion thing mastered, maybe.
  • Alc and Trav1s have said thanks

#18 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,445 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 05:20 AM

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of the hunting :thumbs:

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 06:26 AM

I have been doing that governor setup every time. I actually had a breakthrough when the sun was still in the sky and worked hard to get a result before I lost all light. I had a issue with my Nos carb that I said was a 26. Truth is I never read inside the bore to realize it is really a 30..... Oops.
So i took another 26 body, a few misc adjustment needles I had that were good, and for a 26, and the float and needle out of the old 26 carb that were actually good, they don't affect performance, and I had no other floats. And threw a fully gone threw carb on the k241 and tried it out after the governor adjustment, only the 8th time lol.
I was getting a excellent result but did not get it all tuned in perfect cause the neighbor came over and we got talking. Ya, I lost the daylight lol. Time will tell if I can get it dialed in good. I run fuel system cleaner through my stuff all the time so it should be good and healthy.

By the way, anyone need a 30 carb for their larger Kohler K series. I have one I guarantee will run an engine lol.

Wanna part with the #30 carb?

#20 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 05:00 PM

Well, i have to ask a friend if he decided if he wanted it first. If he says he doesnt want it, you are next in line.

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 16, 2014 - 06:30 AM

Sounds good to me!