#16 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,221 Thanks
  • 7,450 posts

Posted August 30, 2014 - 04:55 PM

Boy I could rack up some warning points real quick on this subject so I'll just be quietly observing.

Um hum, um hum . . .     you might be right! Yup! . . .  and then what did you say? . . . . Oh?   Really!  . . . . . . Oh! I really couldn't say! . . . Well, sure.  . . . . . .   Why was that?  . . .Uh huh . . . .  Well, I guess I gotta' be goin'.  Nice sharing with you.

#17 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

• Member No: 58852
  • 849 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 04:32 AM

My daughters 3 children ages 14 11 and 5 all have kindles and read tons of books. They can get library E books for 2 weeks and thousands of Free E books.

The 14 year old was reading a child's story book to me when she was 2. Daughter had them reading and printing things by the time they started school. The 14 year old is a sophomore in high school this year even.

The sons boy just turned 13 and can barely read and doesn't like to even the funnies in the Sunday paper. But his mom and dad never spent a minute working with him. He is sort of a mistake and just kept around because it is expected of them.

My self I love to read and these day write stories. Thankfully I have a word processer that does the grammar and spelling fixes. I hated English in school and even today do not under stand it and all the rules and muiltable words that spell check doesn't catch or fix.

:D   Al

Edited by alleyyooper, August 31, 2014 - 07:43 AM.

• GTTinkerer said thank you

#18 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,221 Thanks
  • 7,450 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 07:35 AM

Reading is the key to all of your learning in school. Folks who do badly in school almost always have trouble reading.

• trowel said thank you

#19 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,515 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 08:06 AM

I think we live in a society where no one is wrong, you don't have to be responsible, you don't have to work, & I could go on. If a person is not challenged they have no reason or desire to do better other than to just get by or do nothing.
  • trowel, Huey and toppop52 have said thanks

#20 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 08:48 AM

Personally i am split down the middle on this subject, having worked since i could walk the value of life has always been the same, your rep, the amount of money made and common sense applied every day, below is without spell check.

I could never really write very well much less type but to do it every day keeps it challanged and fresh, same with numbers and math, it takes a go-getter to fight for it, not the now a days entitalment our kids are given along with the conviniuns of computers, cell phones and someone to hold their freaking hands every day, all day all hoped up on ''feel good'' pills simply because there was nobody there to kick their butt when needed and can't hurt their preasuse feelings,...oh the poor baby's crying, boo hoo,.....here's the easy way out,......

Then they wonder why their kids are screwing them over when they get older ??? humm, i wonder why little Jonny can't wait for me to die right now ???

You get what you pay for, you really want it ?? get up and fight for it, some of the smartist collage kids are the dumbest i have ever come accross.