• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 10:27 PM

Sorry the guy backed out on you.  When a person gives you their word, and accepts your offer then backs out, I'd say he is of very low character.  PPL like that get theirs in the end, what goes around comes around.  My wife always tells me things happen for a reason, and by golly, hate to admit it, but she is always right!

That add for sandusky sure looks like a very good buy, hope you can grab it.  Good luck!

• boyscout862, ENafziger and Gabriel have said thanks

#17 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,061 Thanks
  • 787 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 02:03 AM

sounds like you got played by an indisicive gray lizard,it happens.theres lots of them out there!

Edited by karl, August 28, 2014 - 02:04 AM.

• Gabriel said thank you

#18 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 06:53 AM

If the man won't honor his word then he is not much of a man and also a liar. If he would lie to you about the price of the tractor then most likely the tractor is not what he is claiming. Just my thought!

• Sawdust, ENafziger and Gabriel have said thanks

#19 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,544 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 07:01 AM

Gabriel, sorry to hear the news.  That is frustrating.

Some people don't stand by their word very well, and it sure makes life hard for all of use innocent folks.  No one knows who to trust and who to believe. 

I wonder what happened to this thing called "integrity even when it hurts?"

Ben W.

There are over a million lawyers(pronounced "liars") in this country now. The current "common sense" is say and do anything that makes you happy. The only professional integrity that the legal profession follows seems to be "get the money". They are even calling looking for possible law suits if you have medical problems.

50 years ago it was only a small percentage of bad guys. Bad actions were not acceptible and were severely punished. There was no crime or even bad behavior in my neighborhood because it would have lead to real punishment. Now days with such a high percentage of bad guys they don't fear punishment. This has lead to worse and worse behavior.

All we can do is be good examples to our children and be carefull of who you trust. In this case you were probably spared from dealing with someone that you may have regreted. Do not let bad guys dictate your mood. Good Luck, Rick

• Sawdust and Gabriel have said thanks

#20 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,544 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 07:03 AM

Sorry the guy backed out on you.  When a person gives you their word, and accepts your offer then backs out, I'd say he is of very low character.  PPL like that get theirs in the end,

They become politicians.

• Gabriel said thank you

#21 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 09:51 AM

Sorry the guy backed out on you.  When a person gives you their word, and accepts your offer then backs out, I'd say he is of very low character.  PPL like that get theirs in the end, what goes around comes around.  My wife always tells me things happen for a reason, and by golly, hate to admit it, but she is always right!

That add for sandusky sure looks like a very good buy, hope you can grab it.  Good luck!

I sure would like to grab it, but I can't seem to get ahold of the owner. The first time I called him, I got ahold of him and asked if he would send some pictures. He said he would and took my email address, but I never have gotten any. From the little bit he told me about it, it sounded like a nice tractor.

#22 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 09:59 AM

Thanks everyone for your sympathy! It helps. And on top of this disappointment, I have a bit of a cold.
But, I am thankful we did not drive to his place and be disappointed with the real condition of the tractor, or come back empty handed.
  • Sawdust said thank you

#23 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 05:26 PM

Maybe a drive to Sandusky would help. That sure looks like a good looking Massey.
  • Gabriel said thank you

#24 mac102004 ONLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 227 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 12:20 PM

$500 is too much to pay for a 10/12 anyway unless it came with a bunch of extras. I'm sure something better will come around.

• Gabriel said thank you

#25 ckjakline ONLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 07:51 PM

Sorry to hear you didn't get that 10.I find it very hard to believe that he got $1500 for that tractor,but you never know.It could have someone that had no clue of what these are going for.The most I paid for a MF10 in my neck of the woods was $300 with a sleeve hitch.You'll find a better deal.

• Gabriel said thank you