• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brian d OFFLINE  

brian d
  • Member No: 53646
  • 56 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 04:29 PM

A Utilitor model 25 showed up at my house, in pretty nice shape but it has a couple of bugs I'm working on. Does anyone have a manual for one of these? The clutch is slipping bad. The engine on it dates to 1938 according to the Wisconsin number chart. I don't think it has the right carburetor on it either.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140825_195535.jpg
  • IMG_20140802_173126.jpg
  • IMG_20140802_173142.jpg

• Alc, boyscout862, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and 2 others have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 05:44 PM

Nice Utilitor. To adjust the clutch you pull the little pin back and thread the piece that has the pin in tighter and then let the pin go back in a hole. I don't think I've ever seen a manual for one. hope someone comes up with it. I do have one for a model 8. Same basic tractor with a water cooled Novo on it.

From what I can see in the picture, the carb looks right. Should be a UR 3/4. The mag is a newer replacement. I think it should have a Wico A.

• boyscout862 and brian d have said thanks

#3 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,694 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 06:51 PM

A Utilitor model 25 showed up at my house, in pretty nice shape but it has a couple of bugs I'm working on.

That's your story; it just showed up? You didn't have to use any bait?

• brian d said thank you

#4 brian d OFFLINE  

brian d
  • Member No: 53646
  • 56 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 10:24 PM

Nice Utilitor. To adjust the clutch you pull the little pin back and thread the piece that has the pin in tighter and then let the pin go back in a hole. I don't think I've ever seen a manual for one. hope someone comes up with it. I do have one for a model 8. Same basic tractor with a water cooled Novo on it.

From what I can see in the picture, the carb looks right. Should be a UR 3/4. The mag is a newer replacement. I think it should have a Wico A.

Thanks! I will try that tomorrow. I was looking at that part yesterday but didnt have the time and energy left to experiment with it. I will look at the carb and see what it is. The governor was not hooked up right. I rigged it up so that it will work but its very obvious that its not "correct" the way it is for now

That's your story; it just showed up? You didn't have to use any bait?

Yep, thats my story and I'm sticking with it!....We wont talk about the large volume of cash that recently vanished from my wallet :(

• Alc said thank you