Pretty much been cleaning, stripping paint, & painting with some minor repairs. The dash was challenging mainly because I don't have my large compressor rigged up yet so I stripped the dash with paint stripper, primed & painted.
I replaced the very worn plastic & bronze sleeves. BIG mistake here don't replace the bronze bushings until you install the shaft I had to remove them. I used a 1/2" copper coupling to drive the old ones out & installing the news twice.
My dash box is cracked at the top where one of the mounting studs are so I'll have to weld that. I also had to strip the decal from this too.
I never spent much time on the wheels because like I mentioned this is my only grass cutter right now so I need to get it back up & working. I did wire brush them...they had an off white & a coat of red. The center has a few places where I couldn't get the original paint off & it has a few blemishes but for now it's OK, maybe later I'll SB. My tires were a mess. They looked like I had white walls because of the PO's over spray. I got most of it off but still left a faint grayish film. I might use some tire black paint later.
Some parts painted.
My gear box on my deck has a few problems. I lost the cotter pin last year & it broke one tooth out of each bevel gear. I took it apart turned one gear so the two missing teeth would not meet. This has worked well but I know it's worn & may explode at anytime. The gear casing has had a repair & I patched a small hole with JB weld last year. A few days ago I bought a used gear box, the cast iron bracket & the drive shaft. I will be taking that aaprt soon & let you know what I have. Thanks for viewing.