Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Passed Down, No Clue What I Am Looking At.

bolens

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 12:07 AM

Welcome to the site, your just a stone throw from me. We spend time up the north end of the lake. That's a great looking gt well worth  the time to get it running. You'd be amazed how well it'd work for you, I hope you end up keeping and enjoying it, oh yeah as stated this gt thing is VERY addictive.....

#17 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,544 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 05:47 AM

Welcome to GTT. You do have a very nice survivor there. One thing to keep in mind is that you can not compare it to todays machines. It has already lasted 50 years longer than any of them can hope to last. It is better built and stronger than the machines today, unless you spend over $8k.

You have inherited a very nice antique GT with attachments. It may have sentimental value to you or someone else in your family. It may also have some good stories too. Take your time. Get it running, play with it, research it, and decide what you want to do. When you have questions or just want to show off more pics, we are here. Check out our Manuals Section for 3 free downloads per day. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, August 26, 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#18 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,911 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 05:56 AM

Yes what they said, very cool.

#19 cjs8410 OFFLINE  

cjs8410
  • Member No: 61748
  • 21 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 09:17 AM

Wow, I had no idea this was so highly admired. I don't even come close to the amount of love all of you have for these machines. If I manage to head back home, I will bring the GT and attachments out of the garage; try to present more detailed pictures. The photos do fail to point out the flat front tires, or that (from what I was told) the roller leaks, assuming to be erosion or internal rust. I'll be moving out of college eventually, so I will most likely sell. You all seem to have a strong bond and I would love to see someone restore this, and present it to the forums, it would make my grandfather proud. 

• Bolens 1000 and Sawdust have said thanks

#20 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 05:50 PM

I can understand it sounds obvious your not as interested in these gems as we are. The good thing is you want your grandfather to be proud. Please discuss with some of the guys on here that could carry that wish out for you. Don't let them go to some hack or end up on ebay to just anyone. These old gems are relics of times gone by & they need to be appreciated. Looking forward to more pics & thanks for sharing.

Edited by Sawdust, August 26, 2014 - 05:51 PM.

• Bolens 1000, Bill56, trowel and 1 other said thanks

#21 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 08:42 PM

I agree, i am glad you chose to join this fourm and ask, most people just hack it or chuck it.

• Sawdust said thank you

#22 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 06:11 AM

I can understand it sounds obvious your not as interested in these gems as we are. The good thing is you want your grandfather to be proud. Please discuss with some of the guys on here that could carry that wish out for you. Don't let them go to some hack or end up on ebay to just anyone. These old gems are relics of times gone by & they need to be appreciated. Looking forward to more pics & thanks for sharing.

Very important words of wisdom.
  • Sawdust said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens